Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

did a couple of minor upgrades.

ShadowMTN

Reaction score
Bullett point 3 point mount
NH Overland auxiliary battery box.

Does it seem pretty stout in terms of holding a battery? I've had this in my cart for about a week but this is the first one that I have seen installed so any feedback on the good or the bad would be much appreciated. Guessing you left the BCDC mount off for now?

jabartram

Reaction score
It has a minimal amount of what i call vibration movement, nothing that i will concern myself about, if my truck rolls on its roof the battery wont come out. im attaching my own battery isolator to the bcdc mount then i will install it. the fabrication is very nice.

ShadowMTN

Reaction score
It has a minimal amount of what i call vibration movement, nothing that i will concern myself about, if my truck rolls on its roof the battery wont come out. im attaching my own battery isolator to the bcdc mount then i will install it. the fabrication is very nice.
You talked me into it. Ordered one last night.

Grateful Dad

Reaction score
If it’s not. I just put one in last week. Was able to reuse some of my Ram Mounts parts. Seems like a quality mount.
Cool, and thanks for the pic! I was curious how high it sat, from the website it seems it would sit up higher than the “standard” mount.

jabartram

Reaction score
I have 2 different bullet point mounts, the one i have now is the newest ram release. both have been solid mounts.
this is the first one.20211019_055933.jpg

UglyViking

Reaction score
Do you have a build thread? I'd like to follow along but not sure if I should follow this thread or antother?

jetrinka

Reaction score
The Bulletpoint Mounts are awesome. I bought one of their mounts for my GMRS mic mount and it works great.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score

What isolator are you going with? I believe our trucks require a "smart" isolator because of the variable alternator. I've only just started researching running a second battery.

Thanks for sharing!

jabartram

Reaction score
What isolator are you going with? I believe our trucks require a "smart" isolator because of the variable alternator. I've only just started researching running a second battery.

Thanks for sharing!
Im using 150amp battery doctor, wirthco.com.
Its designed for newer vehicles.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Im using 150amp battery doctor, wirthco.com.
Its designed for newer vehicles.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info! I just ordered the aux battery bracket.

No issue running the 150amp isolator with our 220 amp alternator? I doubt the battery sees 220 amps.

Edit: Actually looks like the PW comes standard with a 180 amp alternator.

Last edited:

Etoimos

Reaction score
How does the Bullet Point mount attach to the dash? Is it with bolts/screws or double sided tape (or both)?

Users who are viewing this thread