Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diamondback HD Bed Cover on Rambox Bed- How Much Water Intrusion?

Ron Snow

Reaction score
Diamondback cover note.JPG
I've searched the threads and found a couple of comments but wondering if anyone has any updated info or opinions. How much water leaks in? Say in a heavy down pour or during a car wash? Does the bed get wet? Do things need to be in water tight containers?

See photo screen shot from the Diamondback website with their Note about "not watertight". I sent Diamondback that image and the question asking if it was the same for 2500's as their note was specific to 1500. Didn't get a response (might have gotten hung up in spam folder?) but I see on their website today it says " Note: A DiamondBack on a Ram with RamBoxes is not watertight due Ram’s design requiring the cover sit on the utility rail instead of on top of the bed walls. Currently, it is impossible to keep water out 100%."

So- if anyone has it installed on a Rambox Bed, please share-how much water gets in. I'm also thinking those rails could be sealed off or gasketed or something if it might help.
Your thoughts or observations appreciated.

Ron

Last edited:

Savin yours

Reaction score
Can’t give info about it mounted to a Ram, but I have one on my ‘18 Tacoma. I absolutely love it! I’ve ran it through several car washes and it gets about a shot glass of water inside. Never any water from rain tho.
4feabf85763abee2a00b6dfa7d74515f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread