Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diamond black crystal pearl vs Brilliant black crystal pearl - Are these the same colors?

Zeus2018

Reaction score
My truck is painted in Diamond black crystal pearl, however I found a Leer Truck top color matched to a truck in Brilliant black crystal pearl.... before I drive 4 hours to look at this top, hoping someone can chime in a confirm if these are the same or different colors. Thanks in advance!

Zeus2018

Reaction score
No. Diamond is PXJ, Crystal is PXR, two different blacks.

I see it’s a different paint code…. Was hoping it’s a close enough match to not matter, but I’m a little anal so guessing I’d be able to see the difference between the topper and truck body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jebruns

Reaction score
My 18 was the Brilliant black and my 22 is the Diamond black. For sure more flake in the 22. But otherwise the black seems to be the same.

Not sure it helps much, but here they both are. 18 has the bug shield.

Attachments

• 20221005_085047.jpg
    20221005_085047.jpg
    284.2 KB · Views: 36

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
Depending on the price for the used topper, getting it sprayed in the proper color may be a better value than ordering new.

I very nearly pulled the trigger on a couple of used ones for my 2016 (Brilliant Black Crystal), but they weren't discounted enough from new ones to justify the cost of repainting.

Woodsy

Reaction score
Brilliant Flake is colored and the Diamond flake is Silver. I went the used mismatched option and you can only tell if its bright sunshine. Saved me enough to not worry about it or repaint if I wanted too.

Zeus2018

Reaction score
Ended up ordering a new shell, and getting it painted with an RXF paint code. It’s going to be a matte black color so hopefully it looks good!

Users who are viewing this thread