Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Destroyed Ram TRX That Fell Off Moab Cliff

Blythkd1

Reaction score
Wow, how do I get a job like that? I mean the workers, not the owner of the tow truck and crawler. I wonder why they ever go through a clutch!

A bit disappointed that the frame broke. Should've just bent.

Kinda surprised the authorities don't make them bring in a heavy lift helicopter.

Pearce

Reaction score
While you are absolutely correct, some of those rock crawlers are also $100k lol.. give or take $20k. Not a location to lose situational awareness.

Enve46

Reaction score
Funny that he was throwing shade at HeavyD. Anybody who's familiar with this genre knows all these guys.
I actually dont hate HeavyD. Yes his content can be over dramatized and overly produced but I do find it fascinating some of the recoveries he does. I thought HeavyD worked with Rory earlier and got him to do YouTube? I dont know but recovery videos are some of my favorite to watch so maybe I overlook the bad parts of certain people

gprguy

Reaction score
Matt got Rory into YouTube. I like watching HeavyD too but he is a bit of a wrecking ball at times. He and whistlindiesel were out at Moab earlier this year and I don't know if Rory was too impressed with how they were treating Hell's Revenge. I know I wasn't..

RTillery

Reaction score
I've been hooked on these recovery Videos. Matt is the king of youtube with vids, but there are some other great guys working the offroad sport down in Utah. Trail Mater is awesome.
Note to self:
Don't back down the trail with cliff on one side without a spotter.
Glad he and his dog made it out alive.
Guess his dog was "not" named "Spot".

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
While you are absolutely correct, some of those rock crawlers are also $100k lol.. give or take $20k. Not a location to lose situational awareness.
Busted knuckle rig is over $100k turn key but they could probably take that crash and be fine. Rock bouncers regularly cartwheel backward down bounty hills.

That’s a huge loss, hopefully that owner is many tax brackets above me. I would never recover from that loss. I’m glad I haven’t felt the need to take my ram too far off the beaten path I have other vehicles to scratch that itch with.

Blythkd1

Reaction score
Busted knuckle rig is over $100k turn key but they could probably take that crash and be fine. Rock bouncers regularly cartwheel backward down bounty hills.

That’s a huge loss, hopefully that owner is many tax brackets above me. I would never recover from that loss. I’m glad I haven’t felt the need to take my ram too far off the beaten path I have other vehicles to scratch that itch with.

Sounded like the guy's insurance company was taking care of it. Of course, he's cancelled by now.

Hibiki54

Reaction score
Wow, how do I get a job like that? I mean the workers, not the owner of the tow truck and crawler. I wonder why they ever go through a clutch!

A bit disappointed that the frame broke. Should've just bent.

Kinda surprised the authorities don't make them bring in a heavy lift helicopter.
Helicopter capable of pulling that out would have cost well above $50k. That would include the fuel, permits to for the recovery and extra personnel and equipment required for a heavy lift operation.

Blythkd1

Reaction score
Helicopter capable of pulling that out would have cost well above $50k. That would include the fuel, permits to for the recovery and extra personnel and equipment required for a heavy lift operation.
Probably not far off. Last I knew Erickson charged like $5k an hour for the Aircrane. But it wouldn't take an Aircrane for a pickup.

Users who are viewing this thread