Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Demco hijacker autoslide 5th wheel hitch for short beds

MEGA-HO

Reaction score
any one have or hear about Demco's auto slide 5th wheel hitch. Any experience with it and yall's opinion's would be appreciated thanks.

bfs673

Reaction score
any one have or hear about Demco's auto slide 5th wheel hitch. Any experience with it and yall's opinion's would be appreciated thanks.
I had one for a season due to my '14 short bed, and wide body trailer.

It performed OK; a bit more chucking than my B&W Companion.
I had some issues with the capture rails coming slightly loose over time, which caused a significant surge when accelerating after turning a corner. My fault, and torqued properly, but came loose twice.
If I still had the hitch, I would apply loctite for sure!

It is HEAVY !!!! And... you completely lose the bed space. Even going to the dump with some recyclables and trash bags was tight!

If I were to do it again, with a short bed (Went to a long bed because of this) I would NOT get the factory puck system, but rather:
Have B&W turnover ball installed
Get the 4" rear offset B&W ball (Cannot use this with the factory puck)
Replace the pin box with a Reese Goosebox (Or GenY).

Gives you your bed back, will likely provide the clearance you need for most circumstances and the Goosebox is approved by Lippert for frame warranty.

Bet of luck !!!

Users who are viewing this thread