Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleted Y78 recall HPFP

EastCoast

Reaction score
Hey new to the forum,

Picked up a 2019 H.O. With the Aisin, already deleted. Works fantastic, but I checked with dealer and the Y78 -CP4-CP3 recall hasn’t been done.. do I need to buy a ezlink and a tune for this to redo my ECM after the recall is complete?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Depends on your relationship with the dealer. They are supposed to load a new PCM flash, but some are accommodating.

Best bet is if you know who's tune it is, get ready to reflash it in the parking lot. Also make sure they have the new stock tune file as it has additional checksums that were initially thought to be a locked PCM flash (it is not).

Gadgetguru

Reaction score
Just had the Y78 done this week and they flashed the computer. I've been sitting on some new parts for quite some time waiting to get the new pump. That was my question as well, do I need new tunes should I decide to do the deed? Sounds like I will. Unfortunately, it appears the tuner is no longer in business.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Just had the Y78 done this week and they flashed the computer. I've been sitting on some new parts for quite some time waiting to get the new pump. That was my question as well, do I need new tunes should I decide to do the deed? Sounds like I will. Unfortunately, it appears the tuner is no longer in business.
Really depends on the tunes some run perfectly fine on the CP4 based tunes

EastCoast

Reaction score
I’ll go see the dealer this week and talk to the tech, see if I can confirm that they don’t reflash the the truck.. I bought the truck used thru dealer, so no clue where the tune came from

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I’ll go see the dealer this week and talk to the tech, see if I can confirm that they don’t reflash the the truck.. I bought the truck used thru dealer, so no clue where the tune came from

If you bought a deleted truck through a dealer, I would expect you have all the leverage you need (if necessary) to get them to do the pump recall without flashing it.

EastCoast

Reaction score
If you bought a deleted truck through a dealer, I would expect you have all the leverage you need (if necessary) to get them to do the pump recall without flashing it.
I bought it from a used dealer in Quebec not a Ram dealer..

Can’t see them getting to sticky over the deal, they are getting the labour from the recall service.. find out soon enough. Also got to figure out this “IAT” engine code that it keeps throwing

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Can’t see them getting to sticky over the deal, they are getting the labour from the recall service.. find out soon enough. Also got to figure out this “IAT” engine code that it keeps throwing

OK, but that's not the way your statement read. "Dealer" implies a Ram dealer when coupled with the first part of your comment.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score

Intake air temp sensor likely needs cleaning or changing… im surprised any dealer in queerbec would sell a deleted truck as they are quite strict there

Users who are viewing this thread