Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

delete

2manyprojects

Reaction score
Chet, FWIW I have a similar situation mounting things to the floor of my caravan. I've been using stainless sheet metal screws successfully, and use full 5/8" length, knowing the thickness of what's being mounted keeps it from fully penetrating. I drill a pilot hole slightly less than the minor diameter of the screw. I would suggest the largest size screw which fits through the holes in the plate without binding. If you don't require a flush screw head, the pan head has good strength.

The overall strength is going to be a combination of the dia. of the screw body and head, and the amount of thread contact into the plywood.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I used T-Nuts and bolts to mount my fridge slider to a removable 5/8 maple plywood sheet in my Jeep and Truck. The sheet is bolted to the floor of my Jeep but just strapped down in my truck. I did this so I could easily remove the slider to move it from my Jeep to truck but it is also nice because the T-Nuts won't pull through.

AJ608

Reaction score
They make structural rated screws such as for joist hangers. I would go that route vs some cheap ass wood screw

Users who are viewing this thread