Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delete

McGuyver

Reaction score
Thoughts on doing deletes on new truck? I know it will void warranty. My thoughts are all the emissions crap isnt to make the truck more reliable or run better. Never has been. So why not do the deletes.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Why not?

No reason to argue the politics or wrongfulness of it depending on your viewpoint, if you're in the US it's illegal.

We all know you can find the weight loss tunes, but will they stand behind you when your roast something or when the EPA comes knocking? Rest assured, they eventually will.

McGuyver

Reaction score
Why not?

No reason to argue the politics or wrongfulness of it depending on your viewpoint, if you're in the US it's illegal.

We all know you can find the weight loss tunes, but will they stand behind you when your roast something or when the EPA comes knocking? Rest assured, they eventually will.
Point taken. Thank you

Riddick

Reaction score
When you say "new truck" are you referring to a 2022? If so, there are no tuning options for the 22 platform as of yet. FCA decided to go and change a few thing in the ECM, hopefully they figure it out soon.

Shadowboxin20

Reaction score
Nothing for the 22s yet.

In the meantime I’m going to run it for a year or two to make sure it’s not a lemon then full delete. I only drive 12-14k a year

GPurcell01

Reaction score
When you say "new truck" are you referring to a 2022? If so, there are no tuning options for the 22 platform as of yet. FCA decided to go and change a few thing in the ECM, hopefully they figure it out soon.

Of all things it's for the fancy dancy u-connect system. Changed the canbus a bit.

GPurcell01

Reaction score
Fancy dancy indeed. It magically deletes all my radio/theme presets. UConnect 5 definitely got the best of me, cant listen to my stations or tune my truck, lol.
We're getting to the point where there's too much tech and too complicated.

But hey, same thing was said about fuel injection and electric windows lol

OldJeepsNewTrucks

Reaction score
Is a delete truly even worth it anymore? I feel like modern exhaust systems have solved many needs for a delete, plus is it worth it if ol' Uncle Sam finds out what's missing?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Is a delete truly even worth it anymore? I feel like modern exhaust systems have solved many needs for a delete, plus is it worth it if ol' Uncle Sam finds out what's missing?

Meh,

IMHO I'd just like to shut off the damn EGR and kill the DEF. Basically emissions "intact" tuning. Super easy to uninstall.

That said, many full deletes can see pretty decent fuel savings with good tunes.

Dunn08

Reaction score

What exactly have they solved?

The need to fill an extra tank with DEF? Worse MPG?

I may have known a guy that had a deleted 2012.
He ran clean tunes that gave him a little extra power and torque, with great MPG and no smoke. He may have still had to smog every year and pass the sniffer portion of the test. He put out less particulates fully deleted than stock on the same tester.

Sure, there’s a lot of people out there that give deletes a horrible name, bellowing black smoke every chance they get. Idiots.

When done right, and ran clean, they are no worse for the environment and far better for the truck.

OldJeepsNewTrucks

Reaction score
What exactly have they solved?

The need to fill an extra tank with DEF? Worse MPG?

I may have known a guy that had a deleted 2012.
He ran clean tunes that gave him a little extra power and torque, with great MPG and no smoke. He may have still had to smog every year and pass the sniffer portion of the test. He put out less particulates fully deleted than stock on the same tester.

Sure, there’s a lot of people out there that give deletes a horrible name, bellowing black smoke every chance they get. Idiots.

When done right, and ran clean, they are no worse for the environment and far better for the truck.
Good info, and you're right I was thinking of my friends rolling coal for the hell of it and still getting crap for MPG.

OldJeepsNewTrucks

Reaction score
Meh,

IMHO I'd just like to shut off the damn EGR and kill the DEF. Basically emissions "intact" tuning. Super easy to uninstall.

That said, many full deletes can see pretty decent fuel savings with good tunes.
I'm down for that, too be able to shut it off when needed would be great. If I needed to sit idle for a while or a bunch of short trips.

I stand corrected

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
A DEF delete needs the system purged clean if it's going to go unused.
Yes it is a must to purge the def and run some distilled water in the tank and purge that to clean the injector

Users who are viewing this thread