Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DEF - What brand do you use?

Papa_smurf

Reaction score
I'm coming from an older diesel that was pre-DEF. I see cummins has a fleetgaurd product, but not sure how available it is.

Curious as to what you guys are using, and if it's fleetgaurd where are you finding it?

Will_T

Reaction score
These days, whatever is on the shelf! I have seen our local Walmart sold out of any at all. Last time the only DEF they had was one box of the Blue DEF Platinum so my truck got spoiled. Last week I noticed they were out of stock on any version of DEF. My wife called me from Costco a day later and said Costco had a pallet of the regular Blue DEF so even though I don't need it quite yet, I had her grab one. Like so much stuff these days the answer is not what you want but what you can get.

Papa_smurf

Reaction score
These days, whatever is on the shelf! I have seen our local Walmart sold out of any at all. Last time the only DEF they had was one box of the Blue DEF Platinum so my truck got spoiled. Last week I noticed they were out of stock on any version of DEF. My wife called me from Costco a day later and said Costco had a pallet of the regular Blue DEF so even though I don't need it quite yet, I had her grab one. Like so much stuff these days the answer is not what you want but what you can get.
I understand that completely. I'm still at 3/4 tank of DEF, but wanted to be prepared when the need arises. Figured this way i'd have a few weeks to shop around if needed.

2001WS6

Reaction score
These are the three I've been using........

That being said Its been hard to find any even at Walmart so I'm stocking up when I find it.

vNXGpx3.jpg

raX45xd.jpg

pJwUgQG.jpg

flan

Reaction score
I have only used super tech (probably 8 jugs worth) so far from walmart. 15,500 miles and no problems. As stated DEF is DEF, just like oil.

Wondermutt

Reaction score
Super tech from Walmart. No issues in over 10 fillups

AH const

Reaction score
I buy at dealership until warranty is up. I just don’t want something to happen to the def system then their pointing at what I’m putting in. After Warranty Walmart for me!

Xflight29

Reaction score
I use only dealer DEF, super expensive and I mean expensive $$ but I'm to concerned that if I don't I will end up paying the price.

diesel_driver_3500

Reaction score
Peak BlueDEF Platinum. I have no idea if it is really any cleaner for the injector, but because of the shortage of replacement parts for the DEF system, I figure it is worth spending a few bucks more until some of the parts become easier to get. Then I'll switch to some of the cheaper brands. Probably going to be awhile!

UglyViking

Reaction score
All DEF must meet ISO 22241, which specifies it must have the same urea concentration across the board, and a maximum PPM of impurities. If it does not meet the minimum requirements it can not be marketed as DEF. If the container has API logo on it, it's good to go since in order to get the API logo it must meet the ISO 22241 standard. You can pay more if you want, but you're getting literally nothing more for your money.

Highcountry

Reaction score
Costco is very convieient for me so I use the Peak Blue DEF. I add a jug at the 1/2 tank mark and that seems about right.

Papa_smurf

Reaction score
Sounds good guys. Thanks for the information. I'll likely either get whatever they have at the truck stop or the autozone right by the house.

Wileykid

Reaction score
Walmart DEF for the last 6 years with no issues. If I am pulling my trailer and using a truck stop, I will get the DEF at the pump.

Users who are viewing this thread