Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DEF Shortage coming to USA?

senecagreen

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed a run on DEF yet? Just like women stocked up on toilet paper and men stocked up on ammo, now the news is saying there is going to be a shortage of DEF from China tightening exports. It is getting harder to find here at Walmart stores.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed a run on DEF yet? Just like women stocked up on toilet paper and men stocked up on ammo, now the news is saying there is going to be a shortage of DEF from China tightening exports. It is getting harder to find here at Walmart stores.
The shortage is on UREA but most DEF is made with American Hogs piss (UREA) Dont listen to the news and you will enjoy life more

2001WS6

Reaction score
In my surrounding area. Walmart DEF is non existent. Blue Peak is fully stocked but also $14.00

22RAMAlazan

Reaction score
Speaking on DEF what are everyones thoughts on Blue Peak PLATNIUM?

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
Go to your local Costco if you need to have the 2.5 gallon Blue jug. Saw it between 9.99-12.99 on different trips.

flan

Reaction score
I can’t tell if you guys are joking or not but DEF is made with synthetic urea (not refined cow pee) ;)

rangerdanger

Reaction score
So let's just say for poops and laughs, that there is a severe shortage of DEF availability. What would you do? I here water works just as well. What would you put in the water to keep it from freezing? Just curious what could be used to replace it.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I don't believe that is accurate. Yes UREA can be produced from urine but DEF is derived from synthetic UREA.
Only due to connivence but its can easily be made from normal UREA

Users who are viewing this thread