Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Def gauge reading empty after filling and check engine light on

donf

Reaction score
Just filled my def and on vacation now check engine light on and def reading empty .what can I do ?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Just filled my def and on vacation now check engine light on and def reading empty .what can I do ?
Did you fill it all the way? If so you have to drain some as they need an air gap in the tank for the crappy ultrasonic sensors to read the level

donf

Reaction score
Who can I d
Did you fill it all the way? If so you have to drain some as they need an air gap in the tank for the crappy ultrasonic sensors to read the lev
Did you fill it all the way? If so you have to drain some as they need an air gap in the tank for the crappy ultrasonic sensors to read the level
how do I drain some?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Can I just run truck till it uses the def?
You can try if you are pulling a trailer you may be ok but unloaded you may not use enough DEF before the count down limits you at 5MPH

Users who are viewing this thread