Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Decal Removal

Fishnerd

Reaction score
Anybody successfully remove the “Power Wagon” decals off the front doors and tailgate of the 75th anniversary wagons? Ive never really been a big fan of stickers and thinking it will look much cleaner without them.

Cheers!

el_barto

Reaction score
Should be pretty straightforward, heat them up with a heat gun or hair dryer (or let the truck sit in the sun on a hot day) and peel ‘em. Use goo-gone or 3M eraser wheel to remove any remaining adhesive.

I had the dealer remove all the decals on my (non 75AE) PW when I bought it (hood, tailgate, bedside stripe, and pinstripe above 2-tone). I removed the Hemi fender badges and will probably remove the RAM emblems on the door. I would remove the tailgate RAM emblems but there are about 15 holes behind them...maybe I’ll paint match them.

Attachments

• 2A43C37F-DBA0-42D7-B2E0-B0A0BFC4AE89.jpeg
    2A43C37F-DBA0-42D7-B2E0-B0A0BFC4AE89.jpeg
    692.2 KB · Views: 111
  • FE9A5660-4C56-48B4-BDB1-A776960B4424.jpeg
    FE9A5660-4C56-48B4-BDB1-A776960B4424.jpeg
    431.2 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Should be pretty straightforward, heat them up with a heat gun or hair dryer (or let the truck sit in the sun on a hot day) and peel ‘em. Use goo-gone or 3M eraser wheel to remove any remaining adhesive.

I had the dealer remove all the decals on my (non 75AE) PW when I bought it. I removed the Hemi fender badges and will probably remove the RAM emblems on the door. I would remove the tailgate RAM emblems but there are about 15 holes behind them...maybe I’ll paint match them.
Looks great!

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Hmm. I'm looking at removing my PW stickers on my 75th, but that's so I can paint them on so they look better.
At least on my Delmonico Red Pearl, they dont stand out so bad.
Was thinking of removing the big RAM on the tailgate and replace it with the 75th PW badge. Didnt know there were pins in there. Thought it was just high pressure tape holding them on.

KnuckleHead

Reaction score
Yeah not a fan of the giant RAM on the tailgate either. It would be gone if there weren’t holes. Don’t have a 75th but had the detail shop remove the PW sticker off the tailgate when they were tinting the windows. Left the ones on the side of the bed...I like those.

el_barto

Reaction score
For reference, here’s how many holes there are (not my truck)

Attachments

• 5E891B80-75DE-4A73-95B2-989E501F9E9F.png
    5E891B80-75DE-4A73-95B2-989E501F9E9F.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 94

Fishnerd

Reaction score
No turning back now! Got to hand it to Ram they sure know how to make stickers, no matter how much or little heat majority of the adhesive remain on the body vs sticker ( going to need a lot of goo gone) Already liking the look already.

stickers almost gon….dad joke!F89CE74B-B85A-45D6-954C-BB9D8E8A885C.jpeg

406Linetrash

Reaction score
No turning back now! Got to hand it to Ram they sure know how to make stickers, no matter how much or little heat majority of the adhesive remain on the body vs sticker ( going to need a lot of goo gone) Already liking the look already.

stickers almost gon….dad joke!View attachment 22078
Go to Napa and get a 3m eraser wheel. You'll thank yourself

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
This ^ use the 3m eraser wheel and a cordless drill. Seems crazy but the wheel will not damage the paint.

You’re far more likely to swirl up the paint using a microfiber cloth and elbow grease.

Fishnerd

Reaction score

I had the dealer remove all the decals on my (non 75AE) PW when I bought it (hood, tailgate, bedside stripe, and pinstripe above 2-tone). I removed the Hemi fender badges and will probably remove the RAM emblems on the door. I would remove the tailgate RAM emblems but there are about 15 holes behind them...maybe I’ll paint match them.
That looks fricking clean, now I know what to look forward to. I got the tailgate done, then a storm decided to pass through so I have to wait to do the front doors.

In the land of subaru’s, prisuses and tesla’s the truck already sticks out like a sore thumb, I already got questioned at the gas station “Is that your nickname for your truck?, where did you get those stickers made?”

el_barto

Reaction score
That looks fricking clean, now I know what to look forward to. I got the tailgate done, then a storm decided to pass through so I have to wait to do the front doors.

In the land of subaru’s, prisuses and tesla’s the truck already sticks out like a sore thumb, I already got questioned at the gas station “Is that your nickname for your truck?, where did you get those stickers made?”
Jeepers love naming their rigs and putting it on the hood. **** looks tacky to me :shrug:

Attachments

• 3FC41D76-9932-4985-8621-7E604935BB49.png
    3FC41D76-9932-4985-8621-7E604935BB49.png
    411.1 KB · Views: 43

Fishnerd

Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendation! Ordered on amazon should be delivered tomorrow. Do you take the sticker off first and use on the adhesive only or just have at it on the whole thing?

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendation! Ordered on amazon should be delivered tomorrow. Do you take the sticker off first and use on the adhesive only or just have at it on the whole thing?
Just use it on the adhesive. Check out some YouTube videos. I imagine if you are grossly negligent you could mess up your paint but It would be hard to do that.

Works for the thick foam tape style adhesive as well.

I’ve used it on tape left behind by the ram letters all the way up to large areas of residue left behind by stone guards on 80s Porsche fenders

Fishnerd

Reaction score
Jeepers love naming their rigs and putting it on the hood. **** looks tacky to me :shrug:
Yup thats exactly what I was trying to avoid. To each his own, im not going to tell anybody what to do to their rigs, but definitely not my thing. And if i were to nickname my truck for sure wouldnt be “power wagon” maybe something like “Sparkles” haha kidding!

Fishnerd

Reaction score
Just use it on the adhesive. Check out some YouTube videos. I imagine if you are grossly negligent you could mess up your paint but It would be hard to do that.

Works for the thick foam tape style adhesive as well.

I’ve used it on tape left behind by the ram letters all the way up to large areas of residue left behind by stone guards on 80s Porsche fenders
Awesome! Thank you! Hoping its as easy as looks! My fingers are sore from rubbing the adhesive boogers off the tailgate!

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Awesome! Thank you! Hoping its as easy as looks! My fingers are sore from rubbing the adhesive boogers off the tailgate!
Yea trust me it’s easy. I have a non-metallic black (px8) ram so any swirl would show badly. The eraser wheel left absolutely no marks on the paint. I did get a genuine 3m brand.

Fishnerd

Reaction score
Yea trust me it’s easy. I have a non-metallic black (px8) ram so any swirl would show badly. The eraser wheel left absolutely no marks on the paint. I did get a genuine 3m brand.
What kind of sorcery is this?!?! And where has it been all my life! Its fricking AMAZING

E0CD2AC6-19D6-4762-BC59-9C3E6AE7DDF0.jpeg
Thank you all for the recommendation, it was super easy and made quick work of getting the adhesive off. I found that low rpms, quick passes and little to no pressure worked best, it prevented the adhesive from warming up and resticking to the paint.

D7B732F3-24F9-4E9A-9B4C-088543241CB4.jpeg18ABA609-D9A5-4995-BB82-3F71190C8627.jpeg
thanks again! Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread