Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealer trying to sell me extended warranty

unclelala

Reaction score
My 2021 3500 Limited is supposedly being shipped July 25 according to my salesman but hes trying to sell me an extended warranty. This is a Canadian dealership by the way anyway he said that because of all the electronics in the Limited I should get better coverage, so far I have not bought or entertained the idea of an extented warranty. The price is ridiculous IMO. $6000 for a 7 year/ 115,000 km or 71,500 miles or for $5000 a 100,000 km or 62,000 miles. Even if they give a 50% dicount it would still be alot....What you fellas think?

Snaps3500

Reaction score
Good day, I am assuming you are a citizen of Canada and the dealership costs in my opinion is quite high. The truck comes with a bumper to bumper warranty for 3 years and 36k in miles. The engine and drivetrain have an additional warranty for several more miles/kilometers and years. In the US you can purchase extended warranties from the manufacture at www.Chryslerdirect.com I would go this route to get the best deal. If the dealership will match an online price then you will have that option. This is the way I went when I purchased my truck. It was half the cost you stated in your post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
I paid $2500 us for a 8 year/100K mile bumper to bumper with gap insurance on my 2021 75th PW.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
In the US (most states), Zeigler is the goto online FCA Maxcare online dealer. I used their price (plus the PAYINFULL discount code) to beat up my dealer for one.

Some states (FL, TX, ?) do not allow discounts on extended warranties, which is ridiculous IMHO.

I got 8yr/60K on my Limited Cummins for under $1,100.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Hold off and keep saying no when you go to sign the papers when picking up the truck they usually offer a much better price, i got my 5/160,000km bumper to bumper for 1/4 of the price he originally mentioned

unclelala

Reaction score
Im not sure if it works the same way here in Canada as the US but just like my negotiation on the truck I have to pump my self up to do battle again on the warranty. Thanks for the advice guys!

CdnHO

Reaction score
I wrote a bunch of dealers in Canada and got the best price from Crowfoot in Alberta. I think is was 2660 with hst included for 7yr/115K for plan 419. My dealer was way more and would not budge.

Bombdigitty

Reaction score
I paid 2400.00 for 5 year 100,000 KM bumper to bumper in Ontario. (Which includes all the emission systems).
Other option which had good value, but I opted to not take it was
$4400.00 for the same 5 year/100k warranty plus 13 Rotella T6 oil changes and tire rotations.

I personally hate when they sell you the warranty at the end after the deal is done.
Worked hard to get the payments where i wanted them. then to slap on another $20-$40 biweekly pisses me off even thought its failrly minimal.

whitexc

Reaction score
They’ll call you when your warranty is about to expire ;)
I answered one the other day and played along. Female of foreign descent picked up and I politely asked how to extend the warranty on my '93 mustang. She paused, asked if I had any newer vehicles in the household to which I replied no.....and she hung up. I even tried calling back.

Sometimes you just have those days.

On topic. I went with Zeigler in the States.
I am covered for 8yrs/100k and it was just over $1600. I didn't think it was too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread