Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealer Service Department Recommendation

Reaction score
I purchased two Mopar oil changes with tire rotation last month for $160.00 for my 6.4. Could someone recommend a dealership in the Sacramento area north to Redding that is honest and does good work? I know many people don’t like taking their trucks to the dealership but I got such a good deal on the oil changes I couldn’t pass it up. Any help would be appreciated.

flan

Reaction score
Rough to say but oil and lube guys are the newbs, introductory position bottom of the barrel at about any dealership. Roll of the dice who you will get in any given day. Best thing will be to double check their work before rolling off the lot. Sorry for the bad news.

Reaction score
Rough to say but oil and lube guys are the newbs, introductory position bottom of the barrel at about any dealership. Roll of the dice who you will get in any given day. Best thing will be to double check their work before rolling off the lot. Sorry for the bad news.
I figured that much. I was just hoping to find a dealership with a good service department. My Ram dealership in town is terrible. Dishonest as can be! They also are the local dealership for Toyota. Thirty years ago we purchased a new Camry Wagon from them. When taking the car in for a simple oil change, was told I needed a new water pump and starter. I knew I didn’t. Car worked fine for the next eight years before I needed a new water pump. They are notorious for recommending parts and service you don’t need.

mountainears

Reaction score
Probably out of the way a little but Thompsons in Placerville and on the 80 side Auburn Ram have been decent for me. No complaints.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I purchased two Mopar oil changes with tire rotation last month for $160.00 for my 6.4. Could someone recommend a dealership in the Sacramento area north to Redding that is honest and does good work? I know many people don’t like taking their trucks to the dealership but I got such a good deal on the oil changes I couldn’t pass it up. Any help would be appreciated.

Is $80/change really that good of a deal for a 6.4? Still seems steep for basic oil and filters at a dealership.

Reaction score
Probably out of the way a little but Thompsons in Placerville and on the 80 side Auburn Ram have been decent for me. No complaints.
Thanks so much for the recommendation! Placerville is about a 100 miles south of where I live. I have a nephew that lives in Placerville, so I could kill two birds with one stone and turn my trip for an oil change, with a visit with him. I’ll keep Thompsons in mind.

Reaction score
Is $80/change really that good of a deal for a 6.4? Still seems steep for basic oil and filters at a dealership.
I’m not sure if it’s too much or too little. I pay $135 for an oil change on my Lexus rx350 at the Lexus dealership. There’s an independent shop in town that specializes in Lexus and Toyota that charges me about the same amount. I used to take my Lexus to them but stopped because they were always saying I needed a new battery, wiper blades etc. I found my Lexus dealership is very reputable. They only recommend parts and service I absolutely need. I’ll call a couple of Ram dealerships and see what they charge.

CaptainMike

Reaction score
I've had good service from S.J. Denham Motors in Redding, and especially S.J. Denham in Mt Shasta. The mechanics in Mt Shasta are very good. However, they're sketchy to non-existent with loaner cars, even for their repeat buyers.

Users who are viewing this thread