Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealer recall repair dishonesty

tjgreenwaldt

Reaction score
I just had the Y78 recall “completed” on my 2020 2500. They found contaminants in the HPFP and had to do the full replacement. The dealer took over a month to complete the recall and one of the employees backed another vehicle into mine while it was in storage. I wasn’t notified until the estimated completion date was missed for the 3rd time that damage occurred and they had not yet received the repair parts back from the body shop. The recall was completed and the only delay was the new fender. The service advisor told me she “was hoping it would be done in time to be ready when the recall was completed.” In the new day of delivery, I was told that it would again be another several days before I could pick up the truck because they forgot to order the Cummins badge for the fender.

This already seems like they were going to hide the fact that it was damaged while in their possession. But the real issue is that once I picked up the truck I noticed that the fuel tank had NOT been replaced. The repair procedure and the paperwork says that the pump assembly was replaced, but it clearly was not. I asked the dealer why it had not and the Service Advisor was unsure. Another SA then told her that the mechanic told him it never showed up.

I asked if this would affect the reliability of the truck or the warranty and they said no. Am I crazy to think that this is fraudulent on their part? They ordered a tank and claimed that it was installed but it wasn’t. Should I pursue this with RAM or insist that they replace the tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I just had the Y78 recall “completed” on my 2020 2500. They found contaminants in the HPFP and had to do the full replacement. The dealer took over a month to complete the recall and one of the employees backed another vehicle into mine while it was in storage. I wasn’t notified until the estimated completion date was missed for the 3rd time that damage occurred and they had not yet received the repair parts back from the body shop. The recall was completed and the only delay was the new fender. The service advisor told me she “was hoping it would be done in time to be ready when the recall was completed.” In the new day of delivery, I was told that it would again be another several days before I could pick up the truck because they forgot to order the Cummins badge for the fender.

This already seems like they were going to hide the fact that it was damaged while in their possession. But the real issue is that once I picked up the truck I noticed that the fuel tank had NOT been replaced. The repair procedure and the paperwork says that the pump assembly was replaced, but it clearly was not. I asked the dealer why it had not and the Service Advisor was unsure. Another SA then told her that the mechanic told him it never showed up.

I asked if this would affect the reliability of the truck or the warranty and they said no. Am I crazy to think that this is fraudulent on their part? They ordered a tank and claimed that it was installed but it wasn’t. Should I pursue this with RAM or insist that they replace the tank?

The tank only gets cleaned as per the newly updated paperwork. They can replace the lift pump without replacing the tank …

Are you saying the injection pump is still the CP4?

Attachments

• D7F29913-C432-483A-A47B-A6C5A267BA10.jpeg
    D7F29913-C432-483A-A47B-A6C5A267BA10.jpeg
    304.3 KB · Views: 13

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Confusing statement. It reads "they did not replace the pump assembly."

Users who are viewing this thread