Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealer PPF, Ceramic and undercoat or?

hunterjoe

Reaction score
Hey all, need some advice. I'm planning to do some PPF and ceramic on the truck along with undercoating (fluid film or something similar to that was the plan). Dealer has a package to do all 3, PPF, ceramic and undercoating (Mopar product, not FF) and it's quite a bit cheaper than after market. But, I'm betting aftermarket is better. Also, not sure I'm a fan of the Mopar undercoating. I think it's the black tar spray on stuff that I've heard horror stories of. But they say it has a lifetime warranty if they do it before delivery. Looking for opinions on if I should just let them do all 3 or go elsewhere. It'll actually be about the same price for the package vs just PPF and ceramic from the other place. TIA!

Grillfather

Reaction score
I’m interested in this as well - specifically for Mark Dodge. I know they farm out their ceramic coating / pain protection and I think I’ve seen it runs $700, Does anyone know if they handle PPF? Debating on having them handle it down there or waiting to get it done local after I get it home. Warranty wise its obviously better local but didn’t know if it would be better to have it done before the 750 mile drive home. If I do it local is there anyone whose had ceramic / PPF work done in the KC area that they would recommend? Thanks.

Last edited:

maxx442

Reaction score
I’m interested in this as well - specifically for Mark Dodge. I know they farm out their ceramic coating / pain protection and I think I’ve seen it runs $700, Does anyone know if they handle PPF? Debating on having them handle it down there or waiting to get it done local after I get it home. Warranty wise its obviously better local but didn’t know if it would be better to have it done before the 750 mile drive home. If I do it local is there anyone whowe had ceramic / PPF work done in the KC area that they would recommend? Thanks.
I believe MD only offers ceramic coating, not PPF. If you are considering PPF do not do the ceramic coat first.

Users who are viewing this thread