Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealer mode?

chas0218

Reaction score
I'm seeing all these videos for dealer mode access and such. My 8.4 non nav doesn't have the same buttons. Ive tried to use the touch bottom 2 corners and i could sit there for an hour and nothing happens. I've tried with the truck idling, in run without engine running, ign on. I saw a video a while back but can't seem to find it anywhere. I also don't have the temp buttons mines a turn knob so the other videos of pressing temp buttons and screen off doesn't work.

Can anyone shed some light on this? I wanted to try and change my wifi name and a couple other things.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I'm seeing all these videos for dealer mode access and such. My 8.4 non nav doesn't have the same buttons. Ive tried to use the touch bottom 2 corners and i could sit there for an hour and nothing happens. I've tried with the truck idling, in run without engine running, ign on. I saw a video a while back but can't seem to find it anywhere. I also don't have the temp buttons mines a turn knob so the other videos of pressing temp buttons and screen off doesn't work.

Can anyone shed some light on this? I wanted to try and change my wifi name and a couple other things.
If it’s a 2022, there is no dealer mode on the UC5 radios.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Yes it's a 22. That makes sense to why it won't work then. Do you know if the alpha obd can get into the u connect settings?
Depends, what exactly are you wanting to do?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Wasn't dealer mode only for the first few miles before the customer gets it?
Usually thats called shipping mode i dont know if the rams have that like the overseas vehicles do

Reactions: AFF

chas0218

Reaction score
Depends, what exactly are you wanting to do?
I'm looking to change the Wi-Fi name of the Uconnect, also wanted to see if there were any other pages I could unlock in the radio. I also wanted to add the internet to the truck and was trying to figure out if there was a way to password protect it through the radio.

chas0218

Reaction score
I found a video on the Wi-Fi hotspot setup. Took a little digging but got it.

Wheelz

Reaction score

havent tried it yet...**EDIT** It sure works.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread