Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dash crickets - squeaks over bumps (FIXED)

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I have a squeaking that sounds like crickets chirping. Light imperfections on the road and it will squeak/chirp.

Seems to be coming from the top left of the dashboard. Maybe behind the gauges or near the speaker by the windshield. I’ve laid under the dash and reached around up there and don’t feel anything wiggling or moving, but I don’t have great access.

Anybody else have a squeaky dash? Find the culprit?

Last edited:

madmax4073

Reaction score
mine too, stealership had my truck for a week and said it was the heater core hose, said it was fixed and still have the squeaks.

Cgptv

Reaction score
Two 7 mil screws and you pull the lower panel below the steering wheel. You have to look straight up and to the left towards the left fender there is a steel round tube that runs left to right. Look between the amp. and the side wall on that tube

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Two 7 mil screws and you pull the lower panel below the steering wheel. You have to look straight up and to the left towards the left fender there is a steel round tube that runs left to right. Look between the amp. and the side wall on that tube
Thanks. Just checked it out. My amp is rock solid.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Just for good measure, I removed that amp support bolt, checked it for damage (not sure why it says they break) and it seemed fine. I reinstalled it at 44in/lb per the instructions.

I don’t think that was the issue since my amp was tight, but it gives me peace of mind to move to the next step of the search for the noise.

jbncccb

Reaction score
My 4x4 button panel has developed a noise. Think I may pull the panel and add a little electrical tape if there is enough room.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
My 4x4 button panel has developed a noise. Think I may pull the panel and add a little electrical tape if there is enough room.

Hope you get to the bottom of it. I know this squeak drives me crazy. I have a floor shift transfer case but I still may check that panel.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I removed and retorqued that bolt the other day and I didn’t hear the squeak for two days or so. Now it’s back and worse than ever. I’m going to replace the bolt and see what happens

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Ok so I haven’t found the source of the noise but I did install fox 2.0s on the truck and the ride is smooth enough that the noise no longer occurs (so far!) just a lucky coincidence

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score
Have the A/C TSB done and let them tear it apart. When it goes back together, it will either fit tight and fix it or you can tell the dealer "hey, what happened?". :D

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I think I have pinpointed the noise.

I now believe it comes from the drive side wiper assembly. I heard it today, parked, while wiping the windshield. I got out and wiggled it with my hand and it makes the exact same noise. I was able to get it to stop. Now to find out how to stop it permanently ( if it returns again)

dgstandard

Reaction score

My 4x4 panel is chirping now. It stops somewhat when i apply pressure to it. It sounds like there is something right behind the panel that is rubbing. What did you find when you pulled the panel?

jbncccb

Reaction score
My 4x4 panel is chirping now. It stops somewhat when i apply pressure to it. It sounds like there is something right behind the panel that is rubbing. What did you find when you pulled the panel?
Mine was rattling l while driving off-road on a deer lease. I had planned on popping the switch out and wrapping some electrical tape around it. However, since I've only been doing highway driving it isn't rattling and thus I haven't done anything more with it.

Mine was doing exactly as you say, when applying pressure it would stop.

Users who are viewing this thread