Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Customer Satisfaction Notice 90A Diesel Exhaust Fluid

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
Have not. I might be pulling out the tin foil beanie for that one.That letter is about as clear as mud. You should call your dealer for an English interpretation, if they even know, but worth a try.

Jacob

Reaction score
Sounds like they're just replacing the def module. Maybe they came out with one better suited for cold temps in Canada?

unclelala

Reaction score
I'm not getting any hits on google about this, only place I'm finding it is on the Ram site under my VIN.

flan

Reaction score
There was some chatter in this thread about a similar CSN

unclelala

Reaction score
There was some chatter in this thread about a similar CSN

Yeah had that one completed in April this year.

CdnHO

Reaction score
Just noticed on my Ram App that there is a "Satisfaction Campaign" 90A that addresses a MIL and a "Service DEF System" message. Apparently they need to replace the "Diesel Exhaust Fluid delivery module". Did a search but came up empty. Haven't had the issue but this going to the dealer for recalls and other "adjustments" is getting old for a two year old truck.

unclelala

Reaction score
Just noticed on my Ram App that there is a "Satisfaction Campaign" 90A that addresses a MIL and a "Service DEF System" message. Apparently they need to replace the "Diesel Exhaust Fluid delivery module". Did a search but came up empty. Haven't had the issue but this going to the dealer for recalls and other "adjustments" is getting old for a two year old truck.

checked last week with the dealer and was told they haven't even manufactured this part for this recall yet

CdnHO

Reaction score
Just to clarify, have not received notification in the mail. Only noticed it on my Ram app.

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
I received my letter (in AB) about two weeks ago. Maybe yer on the “ notty list”. ;) Called the dealer last week and supposedly got on the waitlist. It might loose related parts before they finally receive recall parts.

phatboy64

Reaction score
checked last week with the dealer and was told they haven't even manufactured this part for this recall yet
That is odd. If I read the notice in the OP post correctly 2023 trucks are not included so I would assume they have whatever fixed the issue in place. so it must exist.

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
Got a call from the service monkey today saying parts are in and they can get me in Thursday or Friday. I asked what ‘’the parts’’ actually are and he said a new pee pump. I will quiz them more on Friday when I go in.

CDNgoat

Reaction score
At FCA Canada Inc., we recognize that the success of our
business depends on the satisfaction of our customers. We are
constantly monitoring the quality of our products and looking for
opportunities to improve our vehicles even after they are sold.
Because your long-term satisfaction is important to us, we are
contacting you on important improvements we would like to
make to your vehicle. This will be done at no charge to you.
WE ARE RECOMMENDING THE FOLLOWING
IMPROVEMENTS BE PERFORMED ON CERTAIN 2019 – 2022
MODEL YEAR (DJ) RAM 2500 PICKUP, (D2) RAM 3500
PICKUP, (DD) RAM 3500 CAB CHASSIS, (DP) RAM 4500/5500
CAB CHASSIS VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH A 6.7L ENGINE.
Your vehicle must be repaired because:
The Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) on your vehicle may
illuminate and a message may indicate to “Service DEF (Diesel
Exhaust Fluid) system see the dealer” on the instrument panel
Goes in this week for this, not sure but i think it has to do with freezing, and the truck can go into limp mode

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
My dealer called yesterday saying that they noticed I have an open recall for this and that they want to order. Apparently it’s the whole def tank and everything inside according to the dealer. I don't believe them but we will see. They still ordered parts even after asking if the DEF system was still functional lol

flan

Reaction score
My dealer called yesterday saying that they noticed I have an open recall for this and that they want to order. Apparently it’s the whole def tank and everything inside according to the dealer. I don't believe them but we will see. They still ordered parts even after asking if the DEF system was still functional lol
Hey get the tank, put it on the shelf. never know when trudeau is gonna come knocking for your tunes!

gprguy

Reaction score
I'm really curious to see what the replacement part(s) are, I received the recall too and as far as I know the pickup and chassis cab DEF tanks are completely different.

red

Reaction score
According to my dealer, parts for the 90A are 3 weeks out for my truck. Fingers crossed as we have some -30C temps in the forecast this week.

Users who are viewing this thread