Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Current financing rates....?

mcarey

Reaction score
Before everyone gets all excited, there's a $5k limit per person on I bonds. Great return, but just a low limit. It's easy to look up all the details, just do a google search.

I've got 30K of my own cash in it this year, 10K for myself, 10K gift to my wife, and 10K gift to my kid. I wish I had my own trust or LLC to buy for.

Its 10K per person annually and you can also use up to 5K from your tax return. At least I hope its 10K, I opened an account yesterday and placed an order!
It's 100% 10K.

bwf1911

Reaction score
Just saw an ad for the New Wagoneer 0% for 60 mo or 2.9% for 72. Wish they would do that on the Trucks!

Blythkd1

Reaction score
I've got 30K of my own cash in it this year, 10K for myself, 10K gift to my wife, and 10K gift to my kid. I wish I had my own trust or LLC to buy for.

It's 100% 10K.
Yeah I researched it a few weeks ago and thought the $10k was per couple. It's $10k per person plus the opportunity for another $5k at income tax time. My bad. But it's still not an amount that most folks could dump their entire retirement portfolio into. I researched it until I found the limits then I just lost traction. I may get more excited about it again come October if it looks like the new rate is going to be strong too.

mcarey

Reaction score
Yeah I researched it a few weeks ago and thought the $10k was per couple. It's $10k per person plus the opportunity for another $5k at income tax time. My bad. But it's still not an amount that most folks could dump their entire retirement portfolio into. I researched it until I found the limits then I just lost traction. I may get more excited about it again come October if it looks like the new rate is going to be strong too.
I definitely wish I could have put more in. I'd have dumped quite a bit more in if I could have. I thought about gifting my parents too, but I didn't want to play too many games.

I'll take it though

Zeus2018

Reaction score
Hoping to keep this thread going, I’ll be purchasing hopefully in the next couple weeks when I take delivery.

Would still like to hear what buyers are seeing with regards to rates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eastcoasttattoo

Reaction score
Hoping to keep this thread going, I’ll be purchasing hopefully in the next couple weeks when I take delivery.

Would still like to hear what buyers are seeing with regards to rates?

I should see mine end of August beginner of September from what my salesman said so I'll keep this thread updated on what I end up getting rates and payment wise

Thisnthat

Reaction score
about to buy an accord and I asked the sales guy what the best rate he's seen in the past month. low to mid 3s is what he came back with...anything lower has been incentivized through the manufacturer

everyone's situation is different, but if you work for a business that has an employee credit union...look into it

the company i work for has one and it's never been an option that I've really entertained as I was able to usually beat their rate on the open market...they've always had a banner on their homepage offering a loan rate of 1.99. I was able to get 1.72 back in Feb through Capital one on my dually

now 1.99 is something that is worthwhile to go through the process of joining

looks like Ram is offering 2.9 for 60 months on 2500/3500s - and with rates expected to increase tomorrow, I'd expect the financing offers to continue rolling in

Zeus2018

Reaction score
My local credit union offered me 72@2.84% which seems pretty damn good. Might be hard to beat that in the current market…

Zeus2018

Reaction score
about to buy an accord and I asked the sales guy what the best rate he's seen in the past month. low to mid 3s is what he came back with...anything lower has been incentivized through the manufacturer

everyone's situation is different, but if you work for a business that has an employee credit union...look into it

the company i work for has one and it's never been an option that I've really entertained as I was able to usually beat their rate on the open market...they've always had a banner on their homepage offering a loan rate of 1.99. I was able to get 1.72 back in Feb through Capital one on my dually

now 1.99 is something that is worthwhile to go through the process of joining

looks like Ram is offering 2.9 for 60 months on 2500/3500s - and with rates expected to increase tomorrow, I'd expect the financing offers to continue rolling in

I do work for the city and the city credit union seems high but that’s just according to their web page. Maybe if I go in I can negotiate the rate.

Thisnthat

Reaction score
I do work for the city and the city credit union seems high but that’s just according to their web page. Maybe if I go in I can negotiate the rate.

they definitely aren't all the best deal...which i think is a little odd. Chase used to be our go-to for financing and they haven't been competitive over the last couple years

762fmj

Reaction score
The lowest I've found so far is 3.15 @72 months from Fairwinds CU based out of Orlando. It WAS 2.85 when I ordered but rates just keep going up.

KT.CUMMINS

Reaction score
Supposedly the dealer could only get me 4.64% on "super prime" credit he pulled up a screen with 6 or 7 banks, when I picked up my truck 7/25/22. He started out at 5.70% when I walked into the financing office.

I am currently looking for a refinance option.

pr3dict

Reaction score
Supposedly the dealer could only get me 4.64% on "super prime" credit he pulled up a screen with 6 or 7 banks, when I picked up my truck 7/25/22. He started out at 5.70% when I walked into the financing office.

Aren't those screens they "show you" a lie? I'm under the impression they have a secret screen to add a few points for themselves. o_O

Zeus2018

Reaction score
Aren't those screens they "show you" a lie? I'm under the impression they have a secret screen to add a few points for themselves. o_O

That is fact. The rate they show the customer is not the actual rate, the dealership always gets a portion of the points. Unless maybe it’s promotional financing through Chrysler etc., but even then I would assume they still get a portion of those points.

Zeus2018

Reaction score
I guess the best rate right now is Ram's current offer of 0% on 3500's but that's for 36 months... great rate, but big payment lol

Andersen24

Reaction score
I got 2.75% for 60 months from CoastHills FCU. That was a week ago, and the rate just went up to 2.95% for 60 months. I imagine with the Fed meeting today, we’ll see those rates continue to go up. Most of them offer a 30-day lock. If you’re close to that, I would lock in now!

Blythkd1

Reaction score
The screen he showed was probably accurate but he was keeping the bank with the best rate in his back pocket.

If you have good credit, he was probably holding a couple points on you, it's pretty typical. Most of them will try to do that unless you work them over. If he was getting the financing from the lender at 2.64% and selling it to you at 4.64%, he stands to make a lot of money on a good sized purchase.

I traded trucks in 2020 and worked and worked on the F&I guy and he wouldn't budge on the rate, and we have top notch credit. I wanted the truck so I went ahead and paid 2 or 3 points over what I should have. So that guy got a big paycheck on me. I would have liked to seen his face a few weeks later when he got the chargeback on it because I refi'd with our credit union at home.

KT.CUMMINS

Reaction score
The screen he showed was probably accurate but he was keeping the bank with the best rate in his back pocket.

If you have good credit, he was probably holding a couple points on you, it's pretty typical. Most of them will try to do that unless you work them over. If he was getting the financing from the lender at 2.64% and selling it to you at 4.64%, he stands to make a lot of money on a good sized purchase.

I traded trucks in 2020 and worked and worked on the F&I guy and he wouldn't budge on the rate, and we have top notch credit. I wanted the truck so I went ahead and paid 2 or 3 points over what I should have. So that guy got a big paycheck on me. I would have liked to seen his face a few weeks later when he got the chargeback on it because I refi'd with our credit union at home.

I told him I would be doing a re-fi the minute as soon as I can find one. He still wouldn't budge. He seemed like he really didn't have anything else left to give me. His loss, he is getting the chargeback on mine as well.

gimmie11s

Reaction score

what dealer? that seems very high

Users who are viewing this thread