Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Current 8.4 Version

SkywalkerPhD

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the most up-to-date version of the 8.4 software is? I want to get mine updated if it is not on the most current. And since I added the radio myself, do I have any options to download the software myself, or am I relegated to visiting the dealer for an upgrade should I need it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ed95pont

Reaction score
I have the same question. My current is 11.46.1 I have random reboot problem.

yarnellm

Reaction score
As of 3/25/21 the latest software update for the 8.4 is 1848.34. I am taking mine in next week to be updated. Hoping it cures the intermittent Please Wait..........message.

steve49

Reaction score
Go here to Uconnect https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html put in your VIN number and it will tell you if there is a new update available. If so you can download to a thumb drive and install it yourself by following the on screen instructions, plus you can print the instructions out as well. The USB gets plugged into your USB port inside under the center console armrest lid. This link goes over it all the Uconnect features, how to questions. https://www.driveuconnect.com/faq.html#entertainment .

Last edited:

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Hello everyone--

I'm sorry to hear about the various concerns some of you have mentioned. Please know that you may always visit https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html to ensure that your Uconnect software is up to date. If this does not resolve your concerns, feel free to reach send our @RamCares team a private message and we would be more than happy to look into it for you!

Thanks in advance,

Courtney
Ram Cares

SkywalkerPhD

Reaction score
Hello everyone--

I'm sorry to hear about the various concerns some of you have mentioned. Please know that you may always visit https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html to ensure that your Uconnect software is up to date. If this does not resolve your concerns, feel free to reach send our @RamCares team a private message and we would be more than happy to look into it for you!

Thanks in advance,

Courtney
Ram Cares

How can you check the current version of your software and update it if you had the 8.4 Uconnect added to your truck after the purchase?

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
How can you check the current version of your software and update it if you had the 8.4 Uconnect added to your truck after the purchase?

Hello,

Please know that you may always visit https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html to ensure that your Uconnect software is up to date. If this does not resolve your concerns, feel free to reach back out with details about the symptoms you've been noticing and we would be happy to look into this further for you.

Thanks,

Courtney
Ram Cares

ericcloe

Reaction score

Hold the two bottom corners of your screen for about 10 or so seconds and it goes into dealer mode. from there you can see your software version. I just did it on mine and I am at software version 20.37.11 and BootMicro version 18.41.01. I am not sure if this is the latest. Since my truck did not come with the 8.4 and I updated to it I don't know how to get the latest version. My vin number will not match to the radio I upgraded to. Can anyone help me with the latest version for the 8.4 with NAV.

SkywalkerPhD

Reaction score
Hold the two bottom corners of your screen for about 10 or so seconds and it goes into dealer mode. from there you can see your software version. I just did it on mine and I am at software version 20.37.11 and BootMicro version 18.41.01. I am not sure if this is the latest. Since my truck did not come with the 8.4 and I updated to it I don't know how to get the latest version. My vin number will not match to the radio I upgraded to. Can anyone help me with the latest version for the 8.4 with NAV.

The dealer might flash it for you if it’s not up to date. Other than that, I don’t know how to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread