Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cruise Control

r440

Reaction score
so my 2021 cruise control if I set the cruise at 60 mph then want to speed up to 70 mph I hold the the + button until 70 and when i let off it keeps climbing like the other day I had to push cancel @ 90 mph , is this normal ? all my other truck would accelerate until you let off and hold the speed at the speed you let off the button .

Ramit530

Reaction score
If you were just holding the RES/+ button until the desired speed is actually reached and letting off the button, you most likely did not notice the speed setpoint vs looking at your speedometer.
The owners manual explains it clearly

 Pushing the RES (+) button, or SET (-) button once will result in a 1 mph speed adjustment. Each subsequent tap of the button results in an adjustment of 1 mph.
 If the button is continually pushed, the set speed will continue to adjust in 5 mph increments until the button is released. The new set speed is reflected in the instrument cluster display.

It is a setpoint to a computer that you are programming with the increase/decrease buttons. In your display you can actually see the setpoint as mentioned above

r440

Reaction score
Yea I caught on to that , just coming from the old to this really made me think it was defective, thanks for pointing that out!!

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Seriously officer. It was the truck, not me speeding. LOL I tap it now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread