Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CRITICAL Nexen Roadian HTX tire failure

pinco

Reaction score
My 2020 Ram 3500 started shaking in the steering wheel during a long straight drive. The truck only has 14k, and I have lots of tread left. It felt like the front left tire, but I didn’t know until the 3rd stop when I jacked up the tire, and spun it. It hit the ground on one side while spinning, and I immediately was reminded of the Firestone recall, in the 90’s. I lost a Firestone tire, along with fender damage, and almost caused a wreck. That was before the recall. Anyway, it’s similar, where the steel bands fail, heating up the bond with the tread, and it lets loose. I spent some time investigating the tire, and found tons of ram owners complaining of the same issue, some not as lucky as me. They all seem to fail between 10-15k. I called Kernerville Ram, and they claim to have never heard of a single failure, and told me to call Nexen. Nexen told me that because it was OEM I had to take it up with my dealership, and maybe they could make a claim!!! Circle jerk! I didn’t pay 80k to be sent in a circle. One or the other will pay up, and I will report it everywhere. I was a mechanic for a long time, so I know that it’s defective. It’s never been over or under inflated. It’s never been overloaded, in fact the whole truck is babied and only driven by me. Supposedly when one goes, it’s a cascading effect. I do not feel safe driving with a trailer or not now. If anyone on here has had a problem or not with the Nexen’s please speak up. Our dealerships are selling us a dangerous product. It’s not a matter of tire warranty, these tires have been having this issue for the Last few years, and an emergency recall needs to be issued. Now I have to spend $1600 on new tires, for a new truck.

Here’s just one of many links. Just search “Ram Nexen tire failure”
There’s no way that our dealerships don’t know about this. I won’t stop marketing the truth until action is taken. I’m lucky I didn’t crash and or trash my fender.

Attachments

• DD38AA65-4C81-470D-B04C-47D8D85AFC92.jpeg
    DD38AA65-4C81-470D-B04C-47D8D85AFC92.jpeg
    561.6 KB · Views: 15

flan

Reaction score
File a report with the NHSTA. If a lot of people do that it will spur a recall. Calling Ram or Nexan will not.

Users who are viewing this thread