Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crew cab vs Megan cab

Stewartchad99

Reaction score
Need some opinions. Getting ready to order a new 1 ton dually. I use it primarily to tow my skid loader ( weekend warrior). Anyone out there have a preference in long bed or mega cab? And details why would be helpful

foneguy

Reaction score
i though of the mega cab but its how much more money to recline the rear seat?
so i have a long bed crew cab....your decision your money and truck.....not bashing them id love it
but rarely have passengers in the rear

Nick

Reaction score
The longer wheelbase of the 8 foot bed will provide a smoother ride . You can also get a 50 gal fuel tank with the long bed . Remember to get the factory Trailer tier monitoring option . Last but not least I think 8 ft bed dually looks better . Just my opinion.

MikeXM

Reaction score
I'll probably buy a Mega over a Crew as long as they offer it. The 8ft bed as its advantages for sure, the 50gal tank being one.
On the Mega side, you have so much more cargo space when you fold down the rear seats. I've used it many times and it is useful to me. Also, the behind the rear seats space is great to store a lot of stuff. I have 3 medium size duffel bags in there, filled with equipment, tools, etc.
The shorter wheelbase of 1ft or so is welcomed in a parking lot. So many times I can barely make it, I can see the longer one not being able to make it. Same thing with u-turns. There is a lot of them where I can barely make it on a single turn, I can see the wider turning radius of the 8ft bed not making it. That one is not as critical as you can still make it after backing up a little. But its not as quick obviously.
And for the look... I just love it. The Mega dually is the best looking dually on the market in my opinion. Sorry long bed guys.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll probably buy a Mega over a Crew as long as they offer it. The 8ft bed as its advantages for sure, the 50gal tank being one.
On the Mega side, you have so much more cargo space when you fold down the rear seats. I've used it many times and it is useful to me. Also, the behind the rear seats space is great to store a lot of stuff. I have 3 medium size duffel bags in there, filled with equipment, tools, etc.
The shorter wheelbase of 1ft or so is welcomed in a parking lot. So many times I can barely make it, I can see the longer one not being able to make it. Same thing with u-turns. There is a lot of them where I can barely make it on a single turn, I can see the wider turning radius of the 8ft bed not making it. That one is not as critical as you can still make it after backing up a little. But its not as quick obviously.
And for the look... I just love it. The Mega dually is the best looking dually on the market in my opinion. Sorry long bed guys.

If not the best looking, it has the coolest name. <sunday-sunday-sunday voice> "MEGA DUALLY."

Untillater

Reaction score
mega cab SRW rambox is the best, and I tow various equipment regularly, skid steer, backhoe, tractors, toy hauler etc. Yes you can still get a fiver/gooseneck , though it can take a little finesse. (get a slider and be aware that your ramboxs may be blocked depending on the trailer). However, the storage space is worth it.

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Mega has a longer wheelbase than the CCSB but not quite as long as a LB truck.
Each to their own, some want a larger cab, others want a LB.
My truck is not for city driving. I would have had a mega LB if it was a factory option.

gimmie11s

Reaction score

Agree, but looks are purely subjective. I ordered a Mega dually because i think they look great and wanted the extra space for my kids, BUT i really would have liked to be able to order with 50 gal tank. Also, the long bed is waaaaaaaaay more useful than a shorty.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Crew cab Long box. Mega cab is a bad idea for me just more places to put crap i don't need in my truck

Hell i wish they bad a 9.5’ bed so when the tool box is in i have all 8 ft lol

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
So, is the back seat in the MegaCab actually bigger than the CC (more leg room for backseat passengers)? Or is it just more room behind the seat? My 2021 1500 had more room in it than my 2020 2500 CC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
Mega has a longer wheelbase than the CCSB but not quite as long as a LB truck.
Each to their own, some want a larger cab, others want a LB.
My truck is not for city driving. I would have had a mega LB if it was a factory option.
I have found that I prefer my large trucks for city driving......idiots gtfotw!

MEGA HO

Reaction score
So, is the back seat in the MegaCab actually bigger than the CC (more leg room for backseat passengers)? Or is it just more room behind the seat? My 2021 1500 had more room in it than my 2020 2500 CC.

Bigger seats, more leg room and the seats can be reclined quite a big back if the space behind isn't full of junk.

DougB

Reaction score

The 5th gen 1500 CC actually has more leg room than the mega cab but you have ZERO behind seat storage. I have an 06 2500 mega cab and absolutely LOVE the behind the seat storage. My friend has a '19 1500 Rebel CC and the added leg room is nice but for me the behind seat storage is more useful. As is the available room when everything's folded down, the few times I've ever needed that. I will get a mega cab when I finally pull the upgrade trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread