Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crew cab: rear bench 3 across seating

raven_dt

Reaction score
Anyone with 3 teenagers 3 across in the rear seat for long towing stints (4-6hrs)? Trying to see if anyone has issues with space with a full rear bench.

McHenry2500

Reaction score
Not teenagers but myself and 4 friends took my truck to a hunting trip (I had to pull a trailer with our UTV's/ATV's). Three average sized adults in the backseat for 4ish hours roundtrip. Only complaint was the limited number of cup holders. Otherwise no one complained about being cramped.

The GNE4.5 back seats are pretty roomy.

Chrisminx

Reaction score
Not teenagers but myself and 4 friends took my truck to a hunting trip (I had to pull a trailer with our UTV's/ATV's). Three average sized adults in the backseat for 4ish hours roundtrip. Only complaint was the limited number of cup holders. Otherwise no one complained about being cramped.

The GNE4.5 back seats are pretty roomy.
The back seats in the ram hd crew cabs have not changed since 2010.

jeffn

Reaction score
Anyone with 3 teenagers 3 across in the rear seat for long towing stints (4-6hrs)? Trying to see if anyone has issues with space with a full rear bench.
and a dog. Plenty of space back there.

JohnandDonna

Reaction score
Plenty of room in the back with a MegaCab. Seats recline and you can stretch out your legs. Heck, if you want you could fold down the seats and you have room for a couple of people to get a good nights sleep.

raven_dt

Reaction score
Yea, megacab is almost the same legroom as what I have now. A little leary of going down in cab size. Wondering about people's experience with a full rear bench in the CC.

Chrisminx

Reaction score
Yea, megacab is almost the same legroom as what I have now. A little leary of going down in cab size. Wondering about people's experience with a full rear bench in the CC.
If I am remembering correctly, the leg room is the same between CC and MC. It's behind the seat where MC wins.

jeffn

Reaction score
If I am remembering correctly, the leg room is the same between CC and MC. It's behind the seat where MC wins.
I can see that, it would make sense from a manufacturing standpoint to keep everything in front of the cab stretch the same. Either way, there is a ton of legroom back there and 3 across on the rear seat is spacious by any standard.

Chrisminx

Reaction score
The only thing to consider between a 4.5 gen CC and MC is the center rear seat. The CC has a cut out making the seat shorter. The MC is the same for all three rear sections. The 5th gen 1500 fixed this issue in the CC.

Greenhills

Reaction score
I sure hope the new trucks adopt the 1500 cab.. the back seat is massive compared to the 4.5 crew cab. I'm sure its very similar to a mega cab.

raven_dt

Reaction score
I sure hope the new trucks adopt the 1500 cab.. the back seat is massive compared to the 4.5 crew cab. I'm sure its very similar to a mega cab.
The 1500 DT CC is huge. It's actually larger, volume wise, than the megacab. The thing that I didn't understand was how much of a benefit that having a flat floor really is.

Users who are viewing this thread