Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crazy Insurance Rates on new 3500

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
Fires are part of nature, people build towns out in the bush and then wonder why they burn. Build on flood plains and other stupid places. News travels the world in milliseconds not weeks- months like in the old days. People love bad news but not the aftermath.

Last edited:

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
I just added my 2024 3500 Big Horn it's 2100.00 per yr. I was only paying 600.00 yr for a 2010 Corvette Z06 with full coverage, even when I bought the car new it was not that much. The trucks do seem to be expensive

Unless you have unusually high rates in your state or you have tickets/claims- this seems to be super high. I’d shop around- I can’t imagine anything north of $1500/yr.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Not to the extent that we've had lately. You live in Cali and know a few towns have been burned to the ground.

Fires are part of nature, people build towns out in the bush and then wonder why they burn. Build on flood plains and other stupid places. News travels the world in milliseconds not weeks- months like in the old days. People love bad new but not the aftermath.

Poor forestry management has also led to increased wildfire intensity and subsequent catastrophe. The lack of controlled burns and therefore the accumulation of excess fuel is a large part of the problem. No doubt population densities in more forested areas contributes to it all. There's certainly many factors to consider.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Poor forestry management has also led to increased wildfire intensity and subsequent catastrophe. The lack of controlled burns and therefore the accumulation of excess fuel is a large part of the problem. No doubt population densities in more forested areas contributes to it all. There's certainly many factors to consider.

So damn true. Lots of reading out there on this subject, but here's a pretty quick, easy one-- From NBC no less.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
As much as we have been taught that fires are bad- They are actually good - they improve the environment and are part of the cycle of life. Controlled burns really help bridge the gap between modern day disasters and a necessary event.

Unfortunately, the political left state govt of CA and even CO dont get this so they get to burn when it happens. Its created a **** storm for homeowners in CA with insurance even in non-fire areas.

Users who are viewing this thread