Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CP4 to CP-ISB21S3 (revised CP3) change for 2021 6.7L Diesel Trucks -- Merged Threads

Thorvald

Reaction score
Well maybe then we can retrofit this from the dealer without losing warranty. Of course this should be a voluntary recall or at least a service procedure should a customer have a problem with the old pump.

saltman

Reaction score
I’m still waiting for 100% verified proof posted on a forum and not a blind engine photo, tried searching for the video on fb and couldn’t find anything because the “group” is private

saltman

Reaction score
Please post the video viper67, can’t find it on fb and thanks for the info!

flan

Reaction score
It would be interesting to see if EPA would allow a retrofit, as it was approved with a CP4. Wood stoves for example are regulated on replacement parts without recertification.

saltman

Reaction score
That makes two different trucks now, the other was gray this is very convincing, they both also had the black/gray excess paint on the pump body

flan

Reaction score
Salt man I have seen 3 different trucks outfitted

saltman

Reaction score
I’ll be jumping for joy if the HO trucks got it as well, just realized the gray truck on fb was not an HO

Last edited:

Ostracize

Reaction score
I’ll be jumping for joy of the HO trucks got it as well, just realized the gray truck on fb was not an HO
My thought exactly, all so far I've seen have been SO.
Really hope fca didn't choose the hp/tq war bs by keeping with the higher pressure the Cp4 is "capable" of.

saltman

Reaction score
Just our 2020 luck the so will be the only with it lol

DontSlamMyRam

Reaction score
So when FCA leaves us CP4s hanging in the breeze, will it be cheaper to swap or just trade in the 19 for a new one? Assuming this is reality? I imagine paying a tech to swap in CP3 is $4250?

KBob

Reaction score
I'm going to jump in on this post, and hope to find out about any "recalls" early. Build date 2-20, so the worst of the worst when it comes to a Fuel Pump. I'll probably never put more than 7500 miles a year on mine so will only have 40K on the truck when the warranty runs out in April of 2025. I'm super picky about the fuel I choose, and drain the separators after each trip I take with my RV. I just don't want to get stranded on a trip with my 5th wheel hooked up. I LOVE everything about the truck, and it does exactly what I need it to do. It just makes me a little ILL thinking about my CP4 turning into a shrapnel bomb, blowing the end off one of my ejectors, taking the motor and everything out 800 miles from home. HELLO FCA!!! Ram Cares, Chime in and give me some good news about your plan to make my truck reliable!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread