Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CP4 to CP-ISB21S3 (revised CP3) change for 2021 6.7L Diesel Trucks -- Merged Threads

agtcovert

Reaction score
I won't speak for @RamCares but considering it's been just over two weeks since their initial post I'd say give it another week or two before we get the pitchforks out. If they didn't mention anything to us until everything was ready to go we would complain about not having enough insight into the process. If they tell us before everything is ready we would complain about it taking too long.

Not calling you our @leeroy300, just sharing for the comments that are sure to follow.
I agree, I really want to hear more from them as well but I think patience is in order. If they are prepping a recall (God I hope, I have no idea what a 'service solution' means), I assume they have to also plan for parts availability, etc. Given we've seen how long it takes to get parts right now in the case of failure (granted a failure requires a ton more parts), at a minimum they'd need to line up new pumps and software calibration for the pump. With the supply chain issues that remain, I doubt it'll be a quick/easy thing unfortunately. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Last edited:

mra400ex

Reaction score
I Imagine there should not be any hold up on the CARB or EPA as the pumps job is to provide adequate, high pressure fuel and apparently the CP3 and CP4 both can do. Just the CP4 is fragile. The ECM is calibrated to meet the set parameters for emissions. How the fuel gets to the injectors should not matter

Last edited:

TigerRP

Reaction score
Ok I sent Ram an email about the CP4 and got this reply back.

Header

Hello Michael,

Thank you for contacting Ram Customer Care. We are disheartened to learn of your concerns regarding CP4 for your 2020 Ram 2500. I would be more than happy to provide you with information to get you pointed into the correct direction.

In regards to your inquiry of recalling CP4 for 2019/2020 Ram models, in order for a potential recall to be released FCA requires multiple concerns to be reported to FCA and NHTSA. If you're currently having concerns, the best plan of action is to seek your local Ram dealership and continue working with them. We appreciate your comments and have taken the liberty of logging your feedback.

When a future recall is released to your vehicle, you will be notified by mail first. At this time we do not have an ETA for when a fix will be available.

Thank you again for your email Michael. At this time we will be closing this case, if you require any additional assistance do not hesitate to contact Ram directly at 866-726-3646.

Best wishes,
Lauren
Ram Customer Care
Footer

The content of this message is confidential. If you have received it by mistake, please inform us by an email reply and then delete the message. The integrity and security of this email cannot be guaranteed over the Internet. Therefore, the sender will not be held liable for any damages caused by the message. Finally, the opinions disclosed by the sender do not necessarily reflect those of FCA US, therefore FCA US refuses to take any liability for any damages caused by the content of this email.
servlet.ImageServer

ref:_00Dj01qsDF._5003Z1Bq1Yj:ref

TigerRP

Reaction score
I’m thinking I didn’t ask the question right or this person did not know the issue. Plus I have a 3500.

So on this issue. I was watching PDdiesel and he says you shouldn’t let the diesel tank drop below 1/3, which drops below the pump reservoir and the fuel gets more air in it, and he says the pump is more sensitive to air in the fuel.
Also I’m going to use Power Service to help w lubrication. Anything else I can do to baby this pump?

Elcid

Reaction score
Fill the tank, drive the hell out of it and repeat. You have a better chance of contacting one of the multiple strains of COVID than your pump crapping out.

Well, we could get the UK variant and while on your way to the quarantine site, your CP4 decides to bow out! Oh and at your inbox, a Ram( Doesn’t Care) email arrives stating your case is closed :(

CabChassis Mike

Reaction score
Ok I sent Ram an email about the CP4 and got this reply back.

Header

Hello Michael,

Thank you for contacting Ram Customer Care. We are disheartened to learn of your concerns regarding CP4 for your 2020 Ram 2500. I would be more than happy to provide you with information to get you pointed into the correct direction.

In regards to your inquiry of recalling CP4 for 2019/2020 Ram models, in order for a potential recall to be released FCA requires multiple concerns to be reported to FCA and NHTSA. If you're currently having concerns, the best plan of action is to seek your local Ram dealership and continue working with them. We appreciate your comments and have taken the liberty of logging your feedback.

When a future recall is released to your vehicle, you will be notified by mail first. At this time we do not have an ETA for when a fix will be available.

Thank you again for your email Michael. At this time we will be closing this case, if you require any additional assistance do not hesitate to contact Ram directly at 866-726-3646.

Best wishes,
Lauren
Ram Customer Care
Footer

The content of this message is confidential. If you have received it by mistake, please inform us by an email reply and then delete the message. The integrity and security of this email cannot be guaranteed over the Internet. Therefore, the sender will not be held liable for any damages caused by the message. Finally, the opinions disclosed by the sender do not necessarily reflect those of FCA US, therefore FCA US refuses to take any liability for any damages caused by the content of this email.
servlet.ImageServer

ref:_00Dj01qsDF._5003Z1Bq1Yj:ref
I just purchased a 2020 RAM 3500 Cab Chassis with 6.7 Cummins.
I am so disappointed to learn of the RAM trucks being manufactured with KNOWN FAULTY fuel pump components. To think I traded a TOYOTA for this RAM time Bomb is UNBELIEVEBLE.
I am a Military Veteran and Disabled Veteran, if my vehicle breaks down due to this CP 4 issue I expect to be taken care of... this is unbelieveble to say the least...

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Well, we could get the UK variant and while on your way to the quarantine site, your CP4 decides to bow out! Oh and at your inbox, a Ram( Doesn’t Care) email arrives stating your case is closed :(
you must be watching the Clinton news network(cnn) there is no other strain but it gives them more power to tell you how to live your life...

NordicNevs

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2020 RAM 3500 Cab Chassis with 6.7 Cummins.
I am so disappointed to learn of the RAM trucks being manufactured with KNOWN FAULTY fuel pump components. To think I traded a TOYOTA for this RAM time Bomb is UNBELIEVEBLE.
I am a Military Veteran and Disabled Veteran, if my vehicle breaks down due to this CP 4 issue I expect to be taken care of... this is unbelieveble to say the least...

As a fellow veteran, you being one as well doesn’t entitle you to any fixes so get over that

With that said, if you’re under warranty and they don’t find anything to blame it on you’ll be taken care of.
That said you still can trade in on a 21 or go back to Toyota. You have options, make sure you explore them all and make a decision thats best for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CabChassis Mike

Reaction score
As a fellow veteran, you being one as well doesn’t entitle you to any fixes so get over that

With that said, if you’re under warranty and they don’t find anything to blame it on you’ll be taken care of.
That said you still can trade in on a 21 or go back to Toyota. You have options, make sure you explore them all and make a decision thats best for you.

yes options are great. Ignore list enabled.

NordicNevs

Reaction score

Don’t be triggered bud. It’s just the simple fact.
You being a vet ain’t got a darn thing to do with how you are taken care of of. Its an entitlement mentality.

From one vet today another, suck it up. here are 1,000s of owners on here who aren’t vets, you think you should have preferential care of of because of your service. Pssh.

Takes a vet to call a vet out.

Your welcome btw for the tough love.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Don’t be triggered bud. It’s just the simple fact.
You being a vet ain’t got a darn thing to do with how you are taken care of of. Its an entitlement mentality.

From one vet today another, suck it up. here are 1,000s of owners on here who aren’t vets, you think you should have preferential care of of because of your service. Pssh.

Takes a vet to call a vet out.

Your welcome btw for the tough love.

Be one with the suck.

aka Embrace the suck.

Users who are viewing this thread