Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CP4 to CP-ISB21S3 (revised CP3) change for 2021 6.7L Diesel Trucks -- Merged Threads

NordicNevs

Reaction score
What is the average installation time for someone with decent mechanical skills?

Also, how does this compare with S&S conversion? How is the pump modified, etc?

If you prefer to discuss in PM please send me a message

Thanks

We can discuss over PM but my kit just shipped. I have been watching and reading the instructions but I’ll start a thread as well not to detail this one. Sound good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Here is the thread for those who which to follow

My industrial injection CP3 shipped!!!

Relentless

Reaction score
We can discuss over PM but my kit just shipped. I have been watching and reading the instructions but I’ll start a thread as well not to detail this one. Sound good?

Awesome! Thank you, I'll be looking forward to following along

g00fy

Reaction score
Last edited:

red

Reaction score
Thanks for the links to the parts,
I wonder if these parts are plug and play or if the truck would need to be re-flashed after installation.

mostcorey95

Reaction score
Thanks for the links to the parts,
I wonder if these parts are plug and play or if the truck would need to be re-flashed after installation.

The connector is different and I think the gear is different also. Since cp3 is not a timed pump and the cp4.2 is and they used a key way to align it. So you may need the other little pieces to so the gear is a tighter fit. The cp3 conversion kits are plug and play.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't know if this was posted yet, but the here's links to the new injector pump and adapter on allmoparparts.com

Somebody posted the part numbers on a cummins Facebook group a little while ago.

Was this supposed to be some attempt to show a direct swap option?

That part is just the pilot adapter.

The bolt pattern to mount the CP3 is different which is why the II & SS conversion kits include a front cover adapter.

1609465708265.png

The injection pump gear part numbers are also different 2020 to 2021.

g00fy

Reaction score
Was this supposed to be some attempt to show a direct swap option?

That part is just the pilot adapter.

The bolt pattern to mount the CP3 is different which is why the II & SS conversion kits include a front cover adapter.

View attachment 9939

The injection pump gear part numbers are also different 2020 to 2021.
Just posting the part numbers for everyone's information, what they do with that information is their business.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
No tune for both the original asym CP4 and the replacement dimpled symmetrical CP4? Mopar has two tunes depending on the pump.

I was referring to the CP3s by S&S or II

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Sorry It’s been a long day so far. I wonder what it would take to use a factory cp3. And not have any lights or anything

All good bud no worries here.

Honestly it would probably be an ECM flash at most. The factory CP3s down require timing but there might be requirements for fuel demand that would be different than the CP4. That said, the current aftermarket options are drop in so it must be minor.

delmoniCO

Reaction score
SMH yes this is what I was saying

There is No tune required if you purchase the drop in (both S&S and II) CP3 conversions.

Yeah I got that. Mopar has two tunes for the CP4, depending on if your truck has the symmetrical or asymmetrical I pump. Are the "no tune required" drop in CP3 kits made compatible with both factory mopar tunes? One might think that they designed these drop in kits for the initial asymetrical tunes and possibly the trucks with the symmetrical CP4 MIGHT actually need a tune...

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score
Yeah I got that. Mopar has two tunes for the CP4, depending on if your truck has the symmetrical or asymmetrical I pump. Are the "no tune required" drop in CP3 kits made compatible with both factory mopar tunes? One might think that they designed these drop in kits for the initial asymetrical tunes and possibly the trucks with the symmetrical CP4 MIGHT actually need a tune...

Interesting point. The tunes are said to address "NVH". I wonder what, electronically, would contribute to a mechanically driven pump increasing NVH. NVH is also the concern of OEMs and not aftermarket though. Remember that thread on here about a tick from a CP3 converted truck? Maybe it's related.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Interesting point. The tunes are said to address "NVH". I wonder what, electronically, would contribute to a mechanically driven pump increasing NVH. NVH is also the concern of OEMs and not aftermarket though. Remember that thread on here about a tick from a CP3 converted truck? Maybe it's related.

The ticking was due to a faulty FCA and once replaced they have been solid.

regal2800

Reaction score
The ticking was due to a faulty FCA and once replaced they have been solid.

Is the FCA part of the TSB? If the pump has the ticking, does it qualify for the TSB fix?

Users who are viewing this thread