Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cp4 injector pump Failure

delmoniCO

Reaction score
Page 413:

Page 458:

I'm in Arizona, and everywhere else that's cold has "seasonably adjusted fuel" available. I don't care if you use them or not, and I won't say whether I do or not, but again, if a dealer doesn't want the low paying high hour job of a fuel system replacement, I could see them citing this.

If you do use them, just say you used the MOPAR ones if they say you did use additives.

Yeah "not necessary," brought to you by the same people who put the asym CP4 in your truck...

Also "not necessary" is not equivalent to "not recommended."

ETA: Mopar even sells their own "not necessary" fuel treatment additive!

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Page 413:

Page 458:

I'm in Arizona, and everywhere else that's cold has "seasonably adjusted fuel" available. I don't care if you use them or not, and I won't say whether I do or not, but again, if a dealer doesn't want the low paying high hour job of a fuel system replacement, I could see them citing this.

If you do use them, just say you used the MOPAR ones if they say you did use additives.

I lost all my fuel additive in the same boating accident I lost all my guns in.

steve49

Reaction score
When I bought my EcoDiesel friends with Cummins truck advised using Stanadyne "Performance Formula All Season", so five years on the Eco (CP4) with absolutely no problems. Now using it on the 2019 2500 Cummins, hope to have the same results!

2Many12Valves

Reaction score
When I bought my EcoDiesel friends with Cummins truck advised using Stanadyne "Performance Formula All Season", so five years on the Eco (CP4) with absolutely no problems. Now using it on the 2019 2500 Cummins, hope to have the same results!
been using Stanadyne since 2008 when they took the sulfur out of diesel, We use lubricity formula here in Texas, performance formula is better suited for cold weather climates and more expensive.

Last edited:

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score
The first reported (that I've seen and I follow this issue daily) dimple pump has failed at 6,000 miles back in November. September build dimple truck in AZ.

Screenshot_20201231-232153_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20201231-232235_Facebook.jpg

Last edited:

Gemstatejake

Reaction score

Wmhjr

Reaction score
Also "not necessary" is not equivalent to "not recommended."

ETA: Mopar even sells their own "not necessary" fuel treatment additive!

This. "Not necessary" means that their position is that there are no benefits, but no negatives (other than the cost of the additive).

"Not Recommended" means that they believe there will be negative consequences.

It is "not necessary" to use 91 octane fuel in a Honda Pilot.

(t is "Not recommended" to use 87 octane fuel in a Mercedes AMG E63.

Slotcop

Reaction score
My fuel pump just crapped out yesterday and took out the injectors is the report my dealer gave me today. 2020 Ram 2500 Cummins 4000miles. Pump on back order. Is this the CP4 you are talking about?

cashflow44

Reaction score
My fuel pump just crapped out yesterday and took out the injectors is the report my dealer gave me today. 2020 Ram 2500 Cummins 4000miles. Pump on back order. Is this the CP4 you are talking about?

Yes, I believe it is. My question also is... what do you do in the meantime for a vehicle and do they just put a crappy cp4 back into it?

Cseybert

Reaction score
I responded to a couple other treads. I was at the dealership the other day getting some codes done on the transmission 2019 Cummins. I asked the service manager about the CP4 pumps going out. told me he had quite a few already over the last couple years. My daughter has a 2019 Honda accord. I got a recall notice 600,000 and up fuel pump being replaced by Honda. That’s standing behind your product.

Users who are viewing this thread