Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CP4.2 to CP3 conversion

Lift89

Reaction score
I’m getting this conversion done on my 2020 Standard OP Nov 30th.

Wanna hear if anyone else has gotten this done to prevent catastrophic failure of your fuel system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sisupower

Reaction score
I will be doing this very soon. Pretty easy to do. I’ll be doing it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lift89

Reaction score
I will be doing this very soon. Pretty easy to do. I’ll be doing it myself.

I’m paying someone. Just for warranty issues on install. It doesn’t look to hard but I’d rather be safe than sorry.

sisupower

Reaction score
I’m paying someone. Just for warranty issues on install. It doesn’t look to hard but I’d rather be safe than sorry.

I understand. I’ve been a diesel tech your years and don’t trust anyone to work on my stuff really. Unless I don’t have a choice like warranty work if I needed it.

Lift89

Reaction score
I understand. I’ve been a diesel tech your years and don’t trust anyone to work on my stuff really. Unless I don’t have a choice like warranty work if I needed it.

Nice. I mean I’m pretty confident I can do it. Just don’t feel like it as I’m tired of working on my truck. Installed all my “egr, and dpf upgrades myself lol lol lol”. So I’m over doing stuff to my truck.

RTillery

Reaction score
Who are you getting the conversion kit from? I'm at 37,000 on my CP4, but I'm looking at doing this out in the future.

sisupower

Reaction score
Who are you getting the conversion kit from? I'm at 37,000 on my CP4, but I'm looking at doing this out in the future.

I will be going with industrial injection. Skyler over there has great customer service and will call you back. Guys over at S&S not very impressed. Can’t get anyone on the phone. If you don’t have good customer service and can’t talk to a person then I’m out. I don’t care if you have the best product or cheapest. Sorry. That’s just my thinking!

Lift89

Reaction score

Yea industrial as well. Nice, glad you’ve made it that far on that pump.

DontSlamMyRam

Reaction score
Sure am glad I went with the $400 tonneau cover over a canopy. I can buy this kit with the money I saved, keep my beautiful cummins AND quit worrying about this POS pump mother mopar stuck me with. Can anybody chime in on flate rate hours for install?? I was ASE certified, so I can probably do myself but just wondering install cost vs a few new tools.

vipers1

Reaction score
I went and talked with my service advisor about installing this conversion on a new cummins. He first said it would almost certainly void powertrain warrenty due to ecm tuning/deleting. I then I mentioned it appears that this conversion is plug and play, emissions compliant and and requires no tuning. He then said if that's true it would not void the powertrain warrenty. I was surprised he said that. I figured he would say void void void no matter what. So advisor doesn't know what he's talking about or possibly some truth to this? Maybe depends on dealer. When I had death wobble on my super duty and asked him why this happens he didn't try to give me the run around, he said "junk parts from ford." So I have some faith in his word, but only just a little.

This damn cp4 seems to be one of the only major downfalls of the cummins. I can live with most other issues I think.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
I'd want it in writing that a cp3 conversion wouldn't void the warranty. your changing out the main heart of the fuel system,.

vipers1

Reaction score
I'd want it in writing that a cp3 conversion wouldn't void the warranty. your changing out the main heart of the fuel system,.

Absolutely!
I haven't bought my truck yet and am hoping to use a new sale as bargaining tool to get what I want. Like......I'll buy and maybe service with you but I want you to do this for me and we have a deal, type of thing.

sisupower

Reaction score
As far as warranty stuff it depends on dealer . If you did the conversion and have some non related issues with power train then the dealer can warranty it if they want to take care of the customer. Depends on the techs in the back. Some are older grumpy mechanics and don’t like anything not factory. Then you have the younger ones that realize the aftermarket is a blessing for diesel trucks. I don’t see this job taking more than 5-6 hrs to complete. It is very simple. The warranty of a failure starts with the dealer and the techs notes. So if you have an in with a tech and an advisor then you are in a good spot.

flan

Reaction score
Some warranty repairs need to be approved by in person visits from Ram corporate. Others warrant detailed pictures of engine components. When this happens what the service advisor told you will not matter anymore. If you put on the conversion, consider yourself your own warranty station.

Cummins3

Reaction score
How you guys making out?? Tossing the idea around to get one for me too..... Need opinions if there is a recall or tsb or lawsuits and we do do this conversion would we be able to put in receipts and get reimbursed???

Lift89

Reaction score
How you guys making out?? Tossing the idea around to get one for me too..... Need opinions if there is a recall or tsb or lawsuits and we do do this conversion would we be able to put in receipts and get reimbursed???

They are backordered. Waiting for mine. Will install myself when it comes in. A lot of people are doing them. They are failing a lot. It’s a good idea regardless. The dealer is giving people **** when CP4’s fail.

Not to mention cp3 with 10mm stroker are way more reliable and can handle around 800hp.

Reimbursement will not happen with dealer, warranty will for sure be voided.

candyman

Reaction score
I was able to talk to SS diesel motorsport and I had all my questions answered. I like their conversion set up better

Users who are viewing this thread