Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cover on rear bumper

Red Rider

Reaction score
Inquiring minds need to know….. does anybody know what would go into the rectangular hole that is just to the left (looking at the plate) of the license plate? My 2022 Ram 2500 Hemi has a cover that hides this hole. To the right of the plate is the trailer connections but I can’t imagine what would go in the other hole.

E4C00E71-A986-4AAE-976E-AD1E99D1A2F0.jpeg

Jsrunnlus

Reaction score
If you have the digital rear view mirror with tow mode camera, it is where the camera cable plugs in.

Red Rider

Reaction score
Thanks. I thought that was the 12 pin connector which is located above the trailer hookup connector on the right. But, I’ve been wrong before. :)

Jsrunnlus

Reaction score
Thanks. I thought that was the 12 pin connector which is located above the trailer hookup connector on the right. But, I’ve been wrong before. :)
Twelve pin is for the trailer surround cameras, while the digital rear view mirror has a camera unto itself.

Red Rider

Reaction score
Great and thanks to all. I also was thinking about using it for the airbag Schrader valves which is what got me into wondering what was the original purpose. Mystery solved!!!!

G Mcpherson

Reaction score
The two small circles on the back are the perfect spacing to drill for the schrader valves.

Users who are viewing this thread