Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could be normal just want to check -

steverud0121

Reaction score
Hello,

This could be normal and Im just to in-tune with the transmission lol. I have a 2021 2500 6.7. Normal driving is fine. Acceleration and deceleration dont notice anything. But when I was towing with EB on in tow haul mode I noticed in some instances I got a rumble strip type feeling on de-accelatration but only right before it came to a full stop but not everytime. If I take the EB off and just use tow haul while towing, this does not happen. Thought maybe trailer but if I put the truck in tow/haul and EB on I can get it to do it again with no trailer. I thought maybe Ujoints based on what I read but 1. Truck has 2500 miles, 2. Doesent do it if EB is off and its not consistint. Never on acceleration

Am I Just feeling the TC doing its thing the 100 times a second to slow the trans or IS this simply the EB vibration short bursts right at the end. I swear I can feel the rumble start at the front and them move to the back as it happens like a rolling effect. But again EB off nothing.

I should have clarified, I understand how the EB works and feels when engaged, maybe this is also true for this (side of the highway rumble strip feeling)im trying to communicate, but it seems very different like a quick burst /then nothing and then again and again like a vibration and shutter, if its the EB pulsing quick right at the end on/off/on/off/on in quick concession then great. Just seems way different , when im right about to come to a stop comparative.

All the best

Last edited:

naplesbill

Reaction score
You are feeling and hearing the EB doing it’s job. If you have it on Full it will do this whenever you are decelerating. If you set it to Auto, it only does it if you tap the brakes first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steverud0121

Reaction score
You are feeling and hearing the EB doing it’s job. If you have it on Full it will do this whenever you are decelerating. If you set it to Auto, it only does it if you tap the brakes first.

I should have clarified, I understand how the EB works and feels when engaged, maybe this is also true for this (side of the highway rumble strip feeling)im trying to communicate, but it seems very different like a quick burst /then nothing and then again and again like a vibration and shutter, if its the EB pulsing quick right at the end on/off/on/off/on in quick concession then great. Just seems way different , when im right about to come to a stop comparative.

naplesbill

Reaction score

I have used EB often and I will say that you can feel it more abruptly when stopping. But it has never been any severe vibration for me. The rumble it creates is noticeable but not really abrasive.

Without experiencing it in your truck first hand, it is difficult to say if it is normal or not.

steverud0121

Reaction score
I have used EB often and I will say that you can feel it more abruptly when stopping. But it has never been any severe vibration for me. The rumble it creates is noticeable but not really abrasive.

Without experiencing it in your truck first hand, it is difficult to say if it is normal or not.

Thank you, yea, Im not crazily concerned about it, as its not present otherwise. But the best way to explain it as I tried above is sometimes right before I stop its like im running over a rumble strip for 8 feet. again, only way that the EB could be doing it is if it acted like abs on/off/on/off/on/off bursts. its not abrasive , just makes you feel like its a U-joint or the TC . but if it was those it should do it with EB off as well.

All the best!!

Users who are viewing this thread