Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cooper AT3's mileage

RichM752

Reaction score
28,500 miles and down to 4/32 tread.
65,000 mile warranty my foot.
Local dealer I purchased them from says Cooper requires 2/32 before they will consider honoring warranty.
Also, they want proof of rotations.
I've rotated three times with no "proof" on paper.
I've been satisfied with performanceof said tires. Tow a 5th wheel, dump trailer on occasion.
Run 60# when not towing, 80# in rear 70# front when towing.
Looking for an alternative.

Finn5033

Reaction score
Yeah I hear you. Mine were down 1/4 of the tread after 6k miles. I mentioned it to the guy at Discount tire that there is no way these are making it to 65k miles. That’s when he told me that they won’t warranty them until they are down to 2/32” tread. There is no way I’d run a tire down that low anyways.

I’ve never ran either Nitto’s or Toyo’s but have heard they wear like iron. Me personally I haven’t been happy with the winter performance of these coopers so I’m going to start running them in the summer and run a different tire in the winter.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Every tire I’ve had with a mileage warranty needs to be at 2/32” for a claim, unless there is another issue. My AT3’s were at 3-4/32” but a couple of them had lugs starting to flake so they mileage warrantied all 4 a little early.

The Toyo’s I ran wore very quickly down to 5/32”, 20-25K miles, 20K miles later they were still at 3-4/32” and no mileage warranty. They were dangerous on wet roads those last 20K miles and why I no longer run Toyo’s.

BighornHDRam

Reaction score
I had the Copper AT3 on my 2022 3500 and they worked decent in the winter in Wisconsin where they packed the salt down, but a move back out to Washington and they were horrible out there for traction wet and winter mix during the last winter for me with 30k miles on them. So Oct 2023 I replaced them with Firestone Destination XT 275/70 R18 and they have been great for me, good traction and quiet. Got them from Discount Tire with military discount.

oledirteh

Reaction score
maybe you got a bad compound. i have them on my truck and well, they hold up well for me. best tire ive had on this truck as of yet and i have a ton of tread after 35k

RichM752

Reaction score
Falken Wildpack AT4's in stock at Discount Tire $1418 OTD
Everything is pricey these days.

Xflight29

Reaction score
The only tire I find to be worth the mileage for the $$ is the Michelin Defender. My last pair went 77K before I replaced with same tire. I can't figure why people go with a soft rubber offroad tire on a diesel truck. But it must be a thing as so many do it.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Junk tires i had 3 sets 2 were warranty sets the first set cracked around the bead badly, the second set could not be balanced the third set cracked around the bead bad again at 19k miles and they were over 1/2 bald. I had the tire shop warranty them again but paid the extra to go back to duratracs they are well worth the money

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Every tire I’ve had with a mileage warranty needs to be at 2/32” for a claim, unless there is another issue. My AT3’s were at 3-4/32” but a couple of them had lugs starting to flake so they mileage warrantied all 4 a little early.

The Toyo’s I ran wore very quickly down to 5/32”, 20-25K miles, 20K miles later they were still at 3-4/32” and no mileage warranty. They were dangerous on wet roads those last 20K miles and why I no longer run Toyo’s.
My toyo AT2’s did the same on my 05. They were trash traction even new

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
The only tire I find to be worth the mileage for the $$ is the Michelin Defender. My last pair went 77K before I replaced with same tire. I can't figure why people go with a soft rubber offroad tire on a diesel truck. But it must be a thing as so many do it.
I need aggressive A/T tires where i go my truck is not a highway hero as yours must be…

Xflight29

Reaction score
I need aggressive A/T tires where i go my truck is not a highway hero as yours must be…
Don't get all Butt hurt because of what I said. My truck is for towing not playing offroad. 90 percent of diesels are for towing heavy loads., So yes, I'm a highway hero? OMG.

Last edited:

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Don't get all Butt hurt because of what I said. My truck is for towing not playing offroad. 90 percent of diesels are for towing heavy loads., So yes, I'm a highway hero? OMG.
Not butthurt but ok lol. Im not sure why you are offended by me saying you were a highway hero thats was not ment as an insult, you said you cant figure out why people run em so i told you. Most people here even if they only run their diesels on road run A/T tires so they dont have to buy a second set of tires for winter

Xflight29

Reaction score
Not butthurt but ok lol. Im not sure why you are offended by me saying you were a highway hero thats was not ment as an insult, you said you cant figure out why people run em so i told you. Most people here even if they only run their diesels on road run A/T tires so they dont have to buy a second set of tires for winter
No worries. I tried the Falken Wildpeak and what an outstanding tire but dang they wore fast.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I’d love to find anything that doesn’t wear fast, but gravel road driving and towing just isn’t conducive to tire life.
Nope thats the worst for a tire, i tear my tires up at hunting season every year from the gravel roads towing the camper/ hunting trailers

Users who are viewing this thread