Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Console/5 passenger trend

Redfour5

Reaction score
Being retired, and having too much time on my hands, I look at least every couple of days and have done so for a couple of years starting with 1500's. After getting a console model in my 2015, it became a requirement for me. Back in 2013 my first 1500 quad cab 3.55, 5.7, I had the bench seats. Well, since it has become a requirement of mine, that's what I look for. Cargurus doesn't put it down as a feature I can search on so it was hit or miss. I frankly find other search engines not as good...overall...as Cargurus even though it doesn't capture everything. When I switched to looking at 2500's here about 8 months ago, console/5 passenger models were rare except in limited models it seemed. Now days, it looks like the majority are coming that way if you look online or at least they are trending up in the pics, and on Monroney's I look at. I used to concentrate on a few dealers who I knew tended to order them but now they seem to be the primary on Laramies and even on many, many of the Bighorns whereas they used to definitely be few and far between on Bighorns and even Laramies.

Anyone else notice this? What do others think? Like em or not?

Darkone

Reaction score
Coming from a manual in my 08 a full center console was fine with me as I never wanted someone sitting there. Now that I have it I wouldn’t want it any other way.

Nowheretogojs

Reaction score
Being able to opt into a 6 passenger truck on higher than a work truck, was one reason I went with Ram. I’ve never seen an AT4 either Chevy or GMC without the console. I’ve got a 7 seat explorer and have someone in the 3rd row a few times a year. Now if the darn thing would just show up. I’m ready. Never owned a pick up.

Users who are viewing this thread