Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Consistent emmisions issues

19Ram2500.Mega

Reaction score
I'm posting to find out if anyone else out there with a 2019 ram 2500 with a cummins is having or has had consistent issues with emissions codes and the "see delearship" message popping up.

So far this year my truck has been in the shop for three out of the last eight months and the entire emissions system has been replaced (some parts more than once). This last stint has been going on for two weeks and we have an open case with ram. Our case worker has failed to provide any updates, nor can we get her on the phone.

As the truck sits it is at 35k miles, and can't seem to go more that 500-1k miles without throwing some sort of code.

If anyone has any ideas or has been through this and had it resolved, I would love to know the root cause. Since these issues began, we have had to cancel on a hunting trip, a family reunion and sadly a wedding this weekend.

Thank you in advance.

MtnRider

Reaction score
Going to need a lot more details other than emission issues (specific codes, symptoms, what has been replaced, etc) to be any help at all.

Firebird

Reaction score
Sounds like lemon law time with that many months out of service

19Ram2500.Mega

Reaction score
The catalytic converter, dpf filters and the def injector have all been replaced.

As far as codes go, it's been various but it is usually P1451, which I believe has something to do with rhe dpf system performance, or a message that pops on the dash relating to exhaust system being full and having to report to the nearest dealer.

19Ram2500.Mega

Reaction score
I was hoping that someone had already been through this and found an obscure fix that the dealership mechanics may not expect. At 75+ thousand a truck should not have this many issues at 35k miles.

At this point I wouldn't feel right selling it to another person. Ideally, it would get fixed properly, then I would sell it and hope for better results on the next one.

I only wish the customer care we had received from RAM was a bit better. We can never get a hold of our case manager, nor will she provide status updates. If I wanted to drive a Chevy Malibu (only rental car available) I would have bought one, but I wanted a reliable truck, which sadly is not what we got.

Luckily it is under warranty for another three years and I still have time to process a lemon law, which from what I reading looks to be the only option other I am willing to do at this time.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
If his IP is true and not VPN, the lemon law in CO is one of the worst in the country and he's already over the one year cutoff.

Delete is likely not an option depending on County. It's also federally against the law in the US.

What dealership have you been using?

FWIW, a down truck would ruin our camping trip, but not a wedding.

19Ram2500.Mega

Reaction score
If his IP is true and not VPN, the lemon law in CO is one of the worst in the country and he's already over the one year cutoff.

Delete is likely not an option depending on County. It's also federally against the law in the US.

What dealership have you been using?

FWIW, a down truck would ruin our camping trip, but not a wedding.
Luckily, from what I can tell, solince the truck was purchased and originally registered in California, that is where the lemon law would have to take place.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Luckily, from what I can tell, solince the truck was purchased and originally registered in California, that is where the lemon law would have to take place.

You could be right, best to consult a Lemon Law Attorney if you chose to go that route.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I thought that ALL of the vendors for del parts and tunes had stopped selling them? Is there actually a way to still do a deelete?
Lots of rabbit holes to go through but yes very easy to delete still

UglyViking

Reaction score
If his IP is true and not VPN, the lemon law in {OPs state} is one of the worst in the country and he's already over the one year cutoff.
Brutal, I realize OP hasn't said anything and it's perhaps a situation that most don't mind, but I request that you would please refrain from publicly sharing another users location, or any other potentially sensitive data. I would be absolutely beside myself if data that I did not explicitly provide was used by any of the mods on this forum in a public setting without my knowledge or authorization.

How much one chooses to share should be completely up to them, and that even basic breech of PII (Personally Identifiable Information) is concerning, even if you do not see the harm in it.

I have respect for the mods on this forum, primarily you since we interact so much, and I say the above in sincere hopes that you edit your post and refrain from such actions in the future. I could give long talks about the reasoning but hopefully we all value our privacy enough that this doesn't make waves.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Good luck, OP -- Hope you get it all worked out.

Users who are viewing this thread