Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connected Services

occowboy

Reaction score
Anyone successfully negotiate for the connected services, or is it take it or leave with them? Don't even get me started on the horse*hit of paying this much for a truck only to get 6 months of complimentary service, then getting socked another $164.00 a year if I want to use the app to remote start my truck.

waveslayer

Reaction score
Great question

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

Thisnthat

Reaction score
could be worse....GMC is forcing people to pay anywhere from $900-1500 for a 3 yr data plan

mainly because the bulk of the infotainment system won't function properly unless it's connected to the internet.

first step in making the public get accustomed to the features to where they'll want to pay for the plans when the 3 yr plan runs out

Icky

Reaction score
What features? Basically I could get a health report, lock the truck or start it. Now if I could turn my ac/heat on as well as the seats coolers/ heaters then it's starting to be worth it.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
My trial was only 3 months.

The heath report still works occasionally without paying for the services, but I can’t lock/unlock/start/locate it.

The info tab updates often, so I haven’t deleted the app… yet.

234D2BBB-2F50-418F-9E9F-FA5DC2B354AA.png

CdnHO

Reaction score
My trial was only 3 months.

The heath report still works occasionally without paying for the services, but I can’t lock/unlock/start/locate it.

The info tab updates often, so I haven’t deleted the app… yet.

View attachment 51714
I found the Health Report rather useless. Get the same inofo just looking at your dash. Certainly not worth paying for.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Sorry.. never used it as I didn't find anything in it even marginally useful.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I found the Health Report rather useless. Get the same inofo just looking at your dash. Certainly not worth paying for.

Exactly, nothing worth paying for. It was very glitchy during the trial period too.

jeffn

Reaction score
Great question

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns
Her: did you buy another gun?
Me: No
Her: It looks new
Me: I just put A) new grips on, or B) a new stock
Her: Are you sure?
Me: yeah, every gun looks new to you
Her: Why did you buy a new case?
Me: Bass Pro had a sale and I wanted a more secure case, that I could lock because, you know, the kids
Her: ok that was a good idea

Users who are viewing this thread