Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Compression brake

Tony M.

Reaction score
I'm looking at stepping up to a 3500 with the 6.7 Cummins. I test drove one yesterday and feel it's perfect for my needs. While not a show stopper, I was wondering if anyone out there knew if the compression brake was a standard feature on the 6.7.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm looking at stepping up to a 3500 with the 6.7 Cummins. I test drove one yesterday and feel it's perfect for my needs. While not a show stopper, I was wondering if anyone out there knew if the compression brake was a standard feature on the 6.7.

The 6.7 pickups have come standard with an exhaust brake since they were introduced in 2007.5. It’s a function of the VGT turbo.

Exhaust brakes work different that compression brakes, but the end result is similar.

CdnHO

Reaction score
And they work great. Really slows down my 22K fiver when on tow/haul.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Best exhaust brake among the big three hands down.

I've heard some say the Ford is "as good" but I don't believe it is.

Some may disagree, but I feel it hits even harder on the HO/Aisin, and the HO certainly holds down to slower speed/RPM.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
I love the eb. really eases brake usage with big joody in tow. heck, even empty it's awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread