Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Compatible aftermarket TPMS sensors?

dave-geri

Reaction score
This is an older post, but it's the closest to my question I could find. I have a set of 2020 2500 laramie wheels with TPMS sensors with winter tires. I have a 2024 3500 laramie on order. I know that the 3500's have TPIS. So if I mount my TPMS wheels on the TPIS truck this winter will they work? I don't care which way they work (TPMS/TPIS) as long as they work. Thank you!

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Sensors don't matter as long as they're coded for Mopar vehicles.

The truck is set for either TPMS or TPIS or none. Many 3500 have changed their truck to TPMS and many 2500 owners have changed to TPIS without changing wheel sensors.

dave-geri

Reaction score
Sensors don't matter as long as they're coded for Mopar vehicles.

The truck is set for either TPMS or TPIS or none. Many 3500 have changed their truck to TPMS and many 2500 owners have changed to TPIS without changing wheel sensors.
Thank you. They are Mopar OE sensors, so hopefully they'll work on the new truck.

Drumminguy81

Reaction score
just to share my experience, i have a 2020 3500 drw, i installed aftermarket wheels that already had autel aftermarket dual band sensors installed. when i installed i drove about 1k miles, the sensors never registered with the truck. I scanned them all to make sure they were working and noted the id numbers for each wheel. I then took my alphaobd and manually registered each id to the location on the truck. after that they all worked. A year later I decided to swap out my wheels for some new wheels, this time i ordered a full set of 6 new tpis sensors genuine mopar. (actually cheaper than the autels) when installed they instantly connected to the truck no programming necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread