Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coax Camera connection to bed

Steve_Cornell

Reaction score
Has anyone moved the Coax connection for the Digital Rear View Trailer Camera from the bumper to the bed?
I have found a blank cover to replace the plate on the bumper but wondering if there is enough cable and what is involved with moving that connection to the bed for use with a fifth wheel .

Brewmark

Reaction score
Half Borrego Springs, Ca. Half McCall, Idaho
Yes! I moved it. Release connector from bumper, clipped 2 tie wraps. Tested to see that I had enough to reach area below the 12 & 7 pin. There was enough. Cut the hole in bed and made a thick gasket to make up the difference in thickness of bumper versus the bed thickness. Ran wires up, connected to connector with thick gasket in place. Pushed it in, heard click as it snapped in. Been working great ever since. Can send pics if you want

Brewmark

Reaction score
Half Borrego Springs, Ca. Half McCall, Idaho
Has anyone moved the Coax connection for the Digital Rear View Trailer Camera from the bumper to the bed?
I have found a blank cover to replace the plate on the bumper but wondering if there is enough cable and what is involved with moving that connection to the bed for use with a fifth wheel .
Steve,
I replied but this was my write up last year:
Post in thread '2022 Ram Tow/Trailer Camera Options' https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/2022-ram-tow-trailer-camera-options.6626/post-171334

Users who are viewing this thread