Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Click in steering wheel when turning right or left

MrPatriot

Reaction score
Anyone else getting a clicking sound when turning the steering wheel to the right or left? I get a click every time I turn in one direction or the other. It's very annoying. It started recently, but without an obvious cause.

Anyone else experience a similar issue?

Edit: forgot to mention this is with a 75a PW.

Thanks

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Anyone else getting a clicking sound when turning the steering wheel to the right or left? I get a click every time I turn in one direction or the other. It's very annoying. It started recently, but without an obvious cause.

Thanks
Maybe? I definitely get a noise when the steering wheel is turned. I get it when I turn the steering wheel and it then continues when I hold the wheel to continue a turn and the wheels are turning. I have no idea what it is and it annoys the crap out of me,

whitexc

Reaction score
I have what sounds like a clock spring noise on my 2021 when turning the wheel. No clicks though.

Sent from my semi-smart telephonic device

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score

Thanks
Hi MrPatriot,
If you decide to have this concern diagnosed by your local dealer and would like any additional assistance, feel free to send us a PM. We'd be happy to help.

Sarah
Ram Cares

Thedaran

Reaction score
Just picked up my truck today and I have this clicking, ticking, clock spring noise as well. If you all find a cause or solution please share.

MrPatriot

Reaction score
Just picked up my truck today and I have this clicking, ticking, clock spring noise as well. If you all find a cause or solution please share.
Thanks for reminding me about this. My truck has been at the stealership for the last 6 1/2 weeks to fix the Ramboxes. No joke. I'm making multiple payments for a brand new truck that I can't even drive. Beyond pissed off at this point. What do you think the chances are they identify the clicking sound and fix it for me before I get it back? lol

Thedaran

Reaction score
Well if you make any headway on the clicking please let me know. From everything I have read regarding getting service at a Ram dealership I think I'll pass on ever getting my Ram into the service department at a dealership.

MrPatriot

Reaction score
From everything I have read regarding getting service at a Ram dealership I think I'll pass on ever getting my Ram into the service department at a dealership.
All I can say is that I've had nothing but issues with the stealerships in Houston over the last 4 years with my Rebel and now the Power Wagon. Once/if I get my truck back from their service dept, the list of dealers that I've fired in Houston will grow to FIVE. I need to find a reliable service dept that stands behind their work. The only work that will get my truck back to a dealer moving forward will be warranty work.

3500guy

Reaction score
Maybe? I definitely get a noise when the steering wheel is turned. I get it when I turn the steering wheel and it then continues when I hold the wheel to continue a turn and the wheels are turning. I have no idea what it is and it annoys the crap out of me,
I recently retired from a Chrysler store after 36 years running the parts department. An educated guess would say your clicking is caused by a steering angle sensor or what was referred to as a clock spring in the past. It was a part we kept in stock for the same issue.

3500guy

Reaction score

Thanks
Steering angle sensor.

ST3500

Reaction score
I had a clicking / spring noise that manifested at around 3,000 miles, it turned out to be the steering pitman arm that was not tight to specs from the assembly lane.
Dealer ended up replacing: the steering box, the pitman arm and the drag link bar.
No more clicking issues ever since.

Thedaran

Reaction score
Oddly enough my clicking stopped this morning! Crossing fingers it does not return.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
I recently retired from a Chrysler store after 36 years running the parts department. An educated guess would say your clicking is caused by a steering angle sensor or what was referred to as a clock spring in the past. It was a part we kept in stock for the same issue.
I would agree, but the sound is not in the cabin it's down by the steering box. Its either the pitman arm not being tight enough like another poster or the drag link not liking the angle from the leveling kit.

Users who are viewing this thread