Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chirping sounds on new 2024 6.4 2500 bighorn

Fuentjav7

Reaction score
Has anyone found a fix to the chirping noise coming from under the truck? 2024 ram 2500 6.4 gas. Sounds like it was a belt going bad but I got under the truck and it’s coming from the pipes between the manifold and the catalytic converter, It started at 100 miles on my truck and it’s still doing it at 500 miles. Took it to get serviced and they said that’s a normal noise for a 65000.00 truck. So I’m beyond pissed off that I paid that money for a truck that sounds like it’s 20 years old. Please help me!!!

jsalbre

Reaction score
Sadly it’s a known and common issue on these, due to a bad exhaust design.

Fuentjav7

Reaction score
Sadly it’s a known and common issue on these, due to a bad exhaust design.
Do you think doing a cat back system would help eliminate the problem. Or help drown it out? I really didn’t want to have the drone sound in the cab but at the same time if it gets rid of that awful sound, lll do it

79 300

Reaction score
My 2013 2500 with the 5.7 Hemi had that noise you are describing. I thought it was the engine pinging in the beginning, and tried premium fuel but it still did it. I searched online and found several reports of the noise being from the exhaust design, just like jsalbre said above. Resonance in the crossover pipes.

If it is any consolation, the noise definitely was less after several thousand miles. I believe as things got "carboned up" in the pipes from normal use it muffled it slightly. I just learned to live with it and after a while didn't really notice it anymore. I did notice the sound in my new 2024 too.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Do you think doing a cat back system would help eliminate the problem. Or help drown it out? I really didn’t want to have the drone sound in the cab but at the same time if it gets rid of that awful sound, lll do it
It’s before the cats, so a cat back won’t help. You’d have to do full headers. As @79 300 said above, it tends to lessen with mileage, and for most people it also goes away once the exhaust has warmed up.

Users who are viewing this thread