Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chelan WA Area Trails

jetrinka

Reaction score
Not sure where else to put this.

Basically I’m looking to see if anyone has any recommendations for beginner level trails around Chelan WA or central WA. Things my PW would easily fit down.

I haven’t really done much in the way of trail runs other than good logging roads but my father moved to Chelan and recently got a nice Wrangler. He’s done some small stuff to it like put a winch on the front, better tires etc but I thought it would be fun to go visit him and go on some easy trail rides.

I’ve found some of those trail listing websites which are interesting.

gprguy

Reaction score
I don't have any specific recommendations for Chelan (I'm on the Kitsap peninsula), but check out the onX off-road app - it lists a few trails near you. Hungry Mountain to the north, and parts of the WBDR to the west. I think you can look at the basic info without subscribing but if you do make sure to find a discount code - onX is sponsoring a lot of YouTubers these days. Robby Layton, Dave Sparks, plenty of them have 20% off codes.

jetrinka

Reaction score
I don't have any specific recommendations for Chelan (I'm on the Kitsap peninsula), but check out the onX off-road app - it lists a few trails near you. Hungry Mountain to the north, and parts of the WBDR to the west. I think you can look at the basic info without subscribing but if you do make sure to find a discount code - onX is sponsoring a lot of YouTubers these days. Robby Layton, Dave Sparks, plenty of them have 20% off codes.
Great I’ll check it out! Thanks for the tip

JimKIII

Reaction score
Years ago I drove up county road #19 (Entiat River Rd) following the Entiat River (from Entiat off the Columbia R. south of Chelan) many miles into the hills. One of the side logging/forest service roads going NE off #16 took us to a US Forest Service cabin perched on the top of a hill, which had burned out years before. Eventually, the road twisted and turned and ended up miles later at Twenty-five-Mile Creek on Lk. Chelan. I think you'll find lots of good back-country roads following the Entiat River. Take a day and head up there - and report back what you find.

Users who are viewing this thread