Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Check your clearance Clarence!

44Dan44

Reaction score
Mishaps and misfortunes abound. Care to share yours? Not mine but my nephew has had this expensive mistake happen to him.

For the youngsters who don't get the Clarence reference.

338516917_1253911808840578_2120473017640516493_n.jpg338311750_262549772763686_5583054676328073257_n.jpg337560921_958626151798447_4623060410491025025_n.jpg

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm very confused by these images.

In one, it looks like he hooked the pinbox by forgetting to open the tailgate, but in the other there is damage to the bed corner(s).

If he dropped the trailer on the truck (did not hook the kingpin) I'd expect to see more damage to the trailer (though maybe out of the shot?)

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
We need more details your pics and the story don't jive

Also the 2 different trucks really add to the confusion
One is a night edition bighorn with non LED tails vs the laramie with led tails

44Dan44

Reaction score
Not my pics, not my story, my truck is in Mexico. Just trying to stimulate conversation on a forum. The pictures are from a facebook ram group.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
We need more details your pics and the story don't jive

Also the 2 different trucks really add to the confusion
One is a night edition bighorn with non LED tails vs the laramie with led tails

Good catch, I didn't even notice that looking solely at the damaged bits.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Mishaps and misfortunes abound. Care to share yours? Not mine but my nephew has had this expensive mistake happen to him.

You certainly stimulated conversation but it was mostly by introducing mass confusion saying "Not mine but my nephew has had this expensive mistake happen to him." then including what's now determined to be pics unrelated to your statement.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Blythkd1

Reaction score
On my last truck, the hitch was so high that when hitched up, the actual hitch plate sloped rearward.

When hitching up in a hilly campground one day, I backed under my pin which had a lube plate on it. It picked my hitch up which took weight off the landing gear with both sides sitting on blocks, then with the hitch sloping back, it slid back off the hitch before I could get back there to latch it. When it slid back, the landing gear feet missed the blocks and the nose of the 5er sat right down on my tailgate. It was a 2021 High Country 3500 and only about 4 months old at the time. I was sh*tt*ng bricks when I saw it. Got it lifted back up and hitched up and checked for damage - didn't hurt a thing. I could not have been more shocked. I figured I would have had a picture for this thread.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
On my last truck, the hitch was so high that when hitched up, the actual hitch plate sloped rearward.

When hitching up in a hilly campground one day, I backed under my pin which had a lube plate on it. It picked my hitch up which took weight off the landing gear with both sides sitting on blocks, then with the hitch sloping back, it slid back off the hitch before I could get back there to latch it. When it slid back, the landing gear feet missed the blocks and the nose of the 5er sat right down on my tailgate. It was a 2021 High Country 3500 and only about 4 months old at the time. I was sh*tt*ng bricks when I saw it. Got it lifted back up and hitched up and checked for damage - didn't hurt a thing. I could not have been more shocked. I figured I would have had a picture for this thread.
Thats one reason i dislike the hitches that don't spring closed i have seen it happen before not a fun experience im sure

Blythkd1

Reaction score
I have a B&W hitch that goes shut, just needs pinned. I guess I didn't bump the jaws to close them. The camper was on a slope. The wheels were chocked but I still didn't want to bump it too hard. Live and learn. I'm not as old as the hills quite yet but I've seen a lot. Still learning though.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I have a B&W hitch that goes shut, just needs pinned. I guess I didn't bump the jaws to close them. The camper was on a slope. The wheels were chocked but I still didn't want to bump it too hard. Live and learn. I'm not as old as the hills quite yet but I've seen a lot. Still learning though.
That sucks. Sometimes murphys law strikes and noting you can do will stop it!

I have pulled the break away pin before on one trailer as it was on a bad angle and had 2 2x4s as wheel chocks if i had not have done that im sure i would have had a bad day lol!

Users who are viewing this thread