Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changes to safety group from 2019-2020?

Compshooter

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. I ordered a Tradesman specifically with the safety group in order to get the LED headlights. Here's the thing, build sheet and sticker only say LED tail lights. But it doesn't seem to show every detail in each group. For example, the sticker doesn't mention the 7" cluster display (which again is another reason I ordered the safety group). But the build sheet shows it's there.

My point is, there seems to be an incossistancy between the build sheet and the window sticker. I'm hoping my Tradesman shows up with LED head and fog lights. Fingers crossed! Otherwise I would have ordered a Big Horn.

RB18C

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. I ordered a Tradesman specifically with the safety group in order to get the LED headlights. Here's the thing, build sheet and sticker only say LED tail lights. But it doesn't seem to show every detail in each group. For example, the sticker doesn't mention the 7" cluster display (which again is another reason I ordered the safety group). But the build sheet shows it's there.

My point is, there seems to be an incossistancy between the build sheet and the window sticker. I'm hoping my Tradesman shows up with LED head and fog lights. Fingers crossed! Otherwise I would have ordered a Big Horn.
Bro I’m with you 100%. Same reason I ordered a tradesman with the safety group. I’m not very hopeful. I figure the LED headlights would be on either the build sheet or the window sticker. And it’s not on either. I think we’re **** out of luck.

RB18C

Reaction score
There’s a dealer near me that has a bunch of 2019 2500 tradesmans with the safety group and damn those LED headlights look nice. Was really hoping for that.

Compshooter

Reaction score
Well my truck is set to be delivered between 12/26 and 1/9. I guess I have to wait a bit to see. At the very least I'm glad to see the 7" gauge cluster on my build sheet (not on the window sticker) because that was another "must have".

RB18C

Reaction score
Well my truck is set to be delivered between 12/26 and 1/9. I guess I have to wait a bit to see. At the very least I'm glad to see the 7" gauge cluster on my build sheet (not on the window sticker) because that was another "must have".
I have the same delivery dates. Guess we’ll see who gets their truck first. But yeah I really like the 7” cluster. Makes the tradesman look much nicer.

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
Thanks. I guess we all just need to keep our fingers crossed on the trailer TPMS now.

Still holding onto this feature to use. Was one of the reasons I traded up from 2016 to 2019 plus crazy camera system and huge navigation screen. My sales person even pointed it out in brochure he gave me. Still keeping it til I get it.
92f873e86347712a65369386cf31cbb6.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Klinger

Reaction score
Still holding onto this feature to use. Was one of the reasons I traded up from 2016 to 2019 plus crazy camera system and huge navigation screen. My sales person even pointed it out in brochure he gave me. Still keeping it til I get it.
92f873e86347712a65369386cf31cbb6.png

It is supposed to be on it but not till late 2020. Here is what RamCare chat sent me and I have a 2020 limited all options on order. Still D1 status

Attachments

• 8DBFBAFB-6F6C-4E98-8AAD-E4056FB4A9B1.jpeg
    8DBFBAFB-6F6C-4E98-8AAD-E4056FB4A9B1.jpeg
    97.3 KB · Views: 30

Klinger

Reaction score
Agreed was told the same thing
Here’s what RamCare sent me it shows dltd and I didn’t delete and I have the OMG that is supposed to have it

Attachments

• 1D97B6D1-CA0F-43BF-97EC-CE8F94BDF407.jpeg
    1D97B6D1-CA0F-43BF-97EC-CE8F94BDF407.jpeg
    97.3 KB · Views: 32

Grunt4Life

Reaction score
Here’s what RamCare sent me it shows dltd and I didn’t delete and I have the OMG that is supposed to have it
@Klinger was agreeing with you. My build sheet shows the same delete but are saying that you're getting it?

Klinger

Reaction score
@Klinger was agreeing with you. My build sheet shows the same delete but are saying that you're getting it?
They are saying I’m NOT getting it. Said it will be on late 2020 builds

RB18C

Reaction score
So you can build a 2020 on the ram website. And when you add the safety group it doesn’t even add the LED tail lights, and I know I have the LED tail lights it’s on my window sticker and build sheet. So I’m starting to think ram doesn’t even know what’s going on. Hahah.

Compshooter

Reaction score
So you can build a 2020 on the ram website. And when you add the safety group it doesn’t even add the LED tail lights, and I know I have the LED tail lights it’s on my window sticker and build sheet. So I’m starting to think ram doesn’t even know what’s going on. Hahah.

Same here. No consistency at all. Update, my truck is in transit to my dealer. They moved my delivery dates forward day to 12/25 - 1/8. Can't wait!

RB18C

Reaction score
I’d love to see LED headlights when I pick it up. But I’m not hopeful.

Jazdad2007

Reaction score
All 3500 are delete monitoring and add tire information. So no alarms go off when aired down for comfort.

Klinger

Reaction score
I just wish it had trailer tire pressure as I tow. These trucks are meant for towing

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
All 3500 are delete monitoring and add tire information. So no alarms go off when aired down for comfort.

That feature came and went. Glad I got it slipped in on mine.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I just wish it had trailer tire pressure as I tow. These trucks are meant for towing

If you ordered the aux camera, there's still hope the TTPMS upgrade will be an easy addon, even if it's owner assembled.

So far, there are 3 parts identified as needed besides the sensors themselves. The TIM in the headliner, a bumper mount receiver, adn a pigtail cable for the TIM. The only thing we're waiting on is the pigtail PN and availability. If necessary, one can be built.

With XFQ trailer camera wiring present

The kit for the TPMS sensors for trailer wheels is 68433188AA
TTPMS bumper receiver: 68375990AC
TIM headliner module: 68404893AB
TIM pigtail: currently unknown

Users who are viewing this thread