Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

change from 18" rims to 20" rims

bnmyster

Reaction score
Morning all, I have a 2019 RAM 2500 HD 6.7 diesel 4X4 BigHorn that has stock 18" rims on it, and I want to change to 20" from a 2023 Laramie. Is there anything else I have to do to make sure that the speedometer reads the speed based on a new size rim Or it does it automatically? also do I have to change the tpms from the 18"s or the truck will recognize the new ones from the 20" rims also automatically?
Thanks

Enve46

Reaction score
Morning all, I have a 2019 RAM 2500 HD 6.7 diesel 4X4 BigHorn that has stock 18" rims on it, and I want to change to 20" from a 2023 Laramie. Is there anything else I have to do to make sure that the speedometer reads the speed based on a new size rim Or it does it automatically? also do I have to change the tpms from the 18"s or the truck will recognize the new ones from the 20" rims also automatically?
Thanks
You should really need to do anything. What size tires on the Laramie wheels? Stocks? Everything will register once you start driving with regards to the TPMS. As long as stock size tires speedo should be accurate

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a set of 285/60R20’s and a set of 275/70R18’s that I’ll swap once a year for hunting. Seamless swap for speedo and TPMS.

That being said the speedo was off with the OEM tires, so I calibrated it with AlfaOBD. It’s the same setting for both sizes of tires thou.

bnmyster

Reaction score
Great thanks, I have the same size tires like you for the 18 and the bigger ones for the 20

Users who are viewing this thread