Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CAUGHT: 2025 Ram 2500 Rebel Crew Cab 4×4

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score

CAUGHT: 2025 Ram 2500 Rebel Crew Cab 4×4​

Ram's Heavy Duty Pickup Lineup Due For An Update Later This Year...​

Image 108.jpeg

2025 is turning out to be an important year for the Ram brand. With the launch of an updated Ram 1500, a new high-performance off-roader with the RHO, and two new electrified pickup trucks, along with the introduction of the Ram REV and Ramcharger, you might think that Ram would have its hands full. However, that isn’t stopping the automaker from updating its Heavy Duty pickup lineup either.

While not a complete overhaul, the 2025 Ram Heavy Duty is scheduled to get a modest update at the end of this year. And thanks to these latest images of spy photos, we can finally get an idea of how drastic these new changes are.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
Seems like more and more news is coming out.

The front ends of those new 1500s are pretty ugly- remind me of a GM. Hopefully the HDs are not the same. The 2500 taillights from 24 to 25 1500s look very similar so I don’t think we will see much.

Hopefully we get more photos uncovered soon.

gpattikjr

Reaction score
Seems like more and more news is coming out.

The front ends of those new 1500s are pretty ugly- remind me of a GM. Hopefully the HDs are not the same. The 2500 taillights from 24 to 25 1500s look very similar so I don’t think we will see much.

Hopefully we get more photos uncovered soon.
Euro styling, looks like a mini van.

UglyViking

Reaction score
The 1500 front bumpers kill me. They look comically large on everything but the rebel/rho, especially the chrome versions.

I'm curious what they will look like, but from the looks of things, we are gonna get the "slim" headlights as well.

Gotta say, I like the 4.5 gen, but the 4th gen is still my favorite exterior I think. If I had all the money, I'd prob go buy a new 3500 CCLB DRW, take it to the shop, remove the hydraulic lifters and replace with solid, then remove the front end and swap it back with a 4th gen front end. All the interior benefits of the upgrades with the looks of the 4th. I guess I'd have to swap doors from a early 4.5 as well to get the old style moose mirrors as well.

Bigtuna

Reaction score
My favorite body styles are the 2nd and 5th Gens but I'm biased.

I really hope that hood scoop is functional...I hate fake hood scoops just seems cheesy to me.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
Here is a YouTube short I found

Looks
Like maybe the rear bumper will have cut outs for steps like the GMs too. Not sure how much I like that- the steps would be welcomed since the beds are so high but wood boots/sun will destroy the plastic. I guess it’s not a bad thing.

pizzatots

Reaction score
Looks like the Radar was moved in to the bumper, and the camera is new. @Jimmy07, should be a fun exercise!

Riccochet

Reaction score
A mild facelift. Very mild. I'm betting nothing much will change as far as suspension or frame. Or much with the interior. Just a new front end, some different body lines and an 8 speed for the diesel.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
A mild facelift. Very mild. I'm betting nothing much will change as far as suspension or frame. Or much with the interior. Just a new front end, some different body lines and an 8 speed for the diesel.

After some recent intel, I wouldn't count on the 8-speed for 2025.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
After some recent intel, I wouldn't count on the 8-speed for 2025.
Sounds like it doesn’t run right with it…. o_O;)

Or they didn’t get their carb/epa clearances in time for MY2025.

Kinda stupid to even do the redesign with nothing more than a grill/bumper, tails and a stupid bigger screen that nobody actually needs. You would expect some performance upgrades but that’s what you get from a euro company, all fluff no substance…

Last edited:

Nick

Reaction score
I guess their truck designers are seriously lacking in ideas or the company is to too cheap to do a complete redesign on Hd's . Until they do I am keeping my 2020 !

Enve46

Reaction score
They’re in for a rough year if no major changes are done, especially the transmission.

tchur1

Reaction score
They’re in for a rough year if no major changes are done, especially the transmission.
Agreed - ive been holding out waiting for a significant redesign. My father in law just bought a new '24 King Ranch and has be seriously considering a ford. They have upped their game a lot and has some small creature comforts I would love. (HUD, looks like a better camera system, 10 speed tranny, larger cab, power extending mirrors, telescoping steering wheel etc)

Users who are viewing this thread