Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carli PinTop System

areuriding

Reaction score
Anyone have the PinTop system with 37’s? If so did you have to trim for them? I’m looking at 17x9 +18mm offset rims with 37’s if I don’t have to trim. Worse case I settle for the same set up with 35’s.

tchur1

Reaction score
I have 18x9 +18mm wheels with 37s on stock suspension and had to do very minimal trimming, about 1-2” off the bottom of the fender liner and nothing on the pinch weld.

My brother has 37s on a stock suspension power wagon with 17x9 +27mm wheels and had zero trimming. I’d say 50/50 you have to do any trimming on 37s and if you do it’ll probably be very minor. Just fender liner I would guess. It takes all of 10 mins with a heat gun and blade.

firemansdiesel

Reaction score
Stock height to lift in front changes axle geometry (front to back). Wheel offset and tires size will make a difference when it comes to fitment. Applies and no different to 2nd, 3rd, 4th + Gen trucks.

Light viewing……

UglyViking

Reaction score
Anyone have the PinTop system with 37’s? If so did you have to trim for them? I’m looking at 17x9 +18mm offset rims with 37’s if I don’t have to trim. Worse case I settle for the same set up with 35’s.
I wouldn't be afraid of a little trimming. You're going to spend multiple thousands on wheels, tires, and suspension setup to make it ride better than stock, trimming a little of the wheel liner, or at absolute worst a hair off the pinch weld, is really non-issue. Don't be afraid of it, you're not going to ruin your truck by cutting a 1/4" of pinch weld.

The wheel offset you're looking at should be good to go. There is a range and +18 is within it, maybe even the most ideal. Keep in mind that all 37" tires are not created equal. All will have slightly different true heights, and side lugs. A Falken AT3W in 37x12.5 will probably clear no problem, a Toyo MT in 37x13.5 probably won't clear as well. Partially due to tread design, partially width and sidewall lug, partially due to actual height.

Jeep2448

Reaction score
I have the pin top lift with 37 12.50 nitto mud terrains on AEV kaltas with no rubbing issues

Users who are viewing this thread