Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carli front dif guard install

BadKarma

Reaction score
Has anybody installed it and experienced a slight leak? Only when I took out factory bolts, the bottom six there was a couple drops of fluid. install took maybe five minutes tops.

areuriding

Reaction score
Is it leaking after the install or do you mean when you took the factory bolts out you got a few drops before installing the new ones? A few drops before installing new boltsb is nothing to worry about, If it was after the new bolts were installed that's a problem.

UglyViking

Reaction score
A few drops is nothing to worry about during the install. Make sure that you go through and confirm torque across all those bolts. Buddy recently installed one on his '12 and said he did a dozen passes with the torque wrench to get it fully torqued down. Assume it may have had a slight bend to it, causing it to not seat properly.

BikePilot

Reaction score
I didn't get any drops when I installed mine, and it tightened right down with no weirdness. It's been about 2k miles since install and all good so far. Ditto for the rough stuff rear cover.

Users who are viewing this thread