Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carli and Thuren level question ??

Bagger2016

Reaction score
I have 2.5" Carli leveling springs and a Thuren track bar but the shocks are out of stock everywhere so my question is that I have a 2022 Ram 2500 Cummins and with it being a new truck can I use the stock shocks with extenders to get by and will the ride be terrible as it will never see off road and the roads are fairly nice in my state? Thanks

kpecks

Reaction score
Yes. you can. Check on ebay for some fox shocks. They wont be "carli" tuned youll have fox shocks without the wait...

dslbrnr

Reaction score
I ordered the same Carli 2.5 and Thuren Trackbar. CJC said the Fox shocks should be available in 3-6 weeks. I got the trackbar already, very nice

dslbrnr

Reaction score
I just got my kit with the Fox 2.0's and Thuren Track Bar on Wednesday and just finished the install. When I measured before and after, I got 2" lift in the front and added the included 1" block in the rear. I have about a 1" rake now.
I'm wondering why it only lifted 2' versus the advertised 2.5". I guess it possibly differs from truck to truck.
The install went smooth but at 61 years old it kicked my ass, especially when torquing some of those bolts to 255 FT LBS. I'll be taking it in Monday for alignment. I'll be mounting 285/75/18 Yokohama Geolander X-AT's sometime next week

kpecks

Reaction score
I just got my kit with the Fox 2.0's and Thuren Track Bar on Wednesday and just finished the install. When I measured before and after, I got 2" lift in the front and added the included 1" block in the rear. I have about a 1" rake now.
I'm wondering why it only lifted 2' versus the advertised 2.5". I guess it possibly differs from truck to truck.
The install went smooth but at 61 years old it kicked my ass, especially when torquing some of those bolts to 255 FT LBS. I'll be taking it in Monday for alignment. I'll be mounting 285/75/18 Yokohama Geolander X-AT's sometime next week
Nice. I did everything but the trac bar. I had my local shop do that and 4-wheel alignment. I didn’t disconnect the trac bar during install or disconnect the drive shaft and was still able to wiggle the springs in place without compressing them.

Based on CJCs recommendation, they sent me
1” rear block and traxda air bag spacer. I am .75” higher up front. Truck looks dead level but is higher in the front. I would opt for the 2” rear block and spacer instead of the 1”. But I prob won’t change them out. Def improvement on the ride! I’m running 295/70/18s.

dslbrnr

Reaction score
I did disconnect the trac bar as I was replacing it anyway and the driveshaft. CJC never sent me any recommendations.
I just got back from a test drive and got a "stability control needs service" message. Hopefully it's just the steering wheel being off center

I Love Grits

Reaction score
I did disconnect the trac bar as I was replacing it anyway and the driveshaft. CJC never sent me any recommendations.
I just got back from a test drive and got a "stability control needs service" message. Hopefully it's just the steering wheel being off center
Yeah it’s the steering wheel not being centered.

dslbrnr

Reaction score
Adjusted the wheel and the dash light is off!
Without the rear Fox shocks on yet "waiting for the missing rear shock boots from CJC" it definitely rides smoother.
When I get the tires and alignment done, I'll post some pics

Users who are viewing this thread